Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
Does this keep the odometer from racking up Miles??

The most important item is to release the emergency brake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know about the odometer, but I'll let everyone know when I get to tow it. Gotta see if I can get any kind of deal on a baseplate.

Ouch on the emergency brake! Tough and expensive lesson learned there!

RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #16

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
RVJeeper, who makes the base plate for the new honda fit?And what brand tow bar are you going to use. I am also thinking on buyin the brand new Honda fit. Since it only weights 2,500 lbs I will not be installing a brake buddy.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:36 AM   #17

It all depends on the tow bar manufacturer. They will also manufacture the base plate.
I have the Blue Ox tow bar and think this is the manufacture of choice altho others may have their favorite tow bar as well..Good Luck on the new FIT. I would love to trade but just for the gas mileage and the weight. Only 46,000 on the Vue and I get 20/21 around town and 30 hwy, so I am staying put for awhile...
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:14 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george henry:
RVJeeper, who makes the base plate for the new honda fit?And what brand tow bar are you going to use. I am also thinking on buyin the brand new Honda fit. Since it only weights 2,500 lbs I will not be installing a brake buddy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
George, Blue Ox has a base plate listed for the Honda Fit on their website - #BX2245. Keep in mind that the Fit will be undergoing a redesign next year so this baseplate might not work on a 2009 model. I haven't really looked any further than Blue Ox since I've been impressed with their great customer service.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
We picked up our 08 Fit Sport Friday. The base plate is on order from Blue Ox. We wanted a stick but ended up with the automatic because the dealer couldn't find one in our color with stick in any of the 5 surrounding states. He did come down a little on the price and I asked if towing behind the MH voided any of the warranties. I was told that as long as I follow the exact procedure in the book everything would be covered.
How do they know if I follow the book or not? Just CYA on their part?
Anyone know if there are any fuses to pull? In the acc key position the only thing that runs is the clock/radio display pulling that fuse would mean resetting the clock and all preset radio stations.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats on the new Fit, Indy Itasca! Hope you like yours as much as we like ours. Ours is the automatic trans too. Since you have the Sport version you have the paddle shifters on the steering wheel so if you want to manually shift it just put the gearshift in "S" and you can shift to your heart's content!

From what I've read, there is no fuse to pull or anything to do to get ready to tow except the steps listed in the owner's manual. Can I ask where you ordered the base plate from?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey RVJeeper, thanks for the congrats. We think we are going to really like the Fit. We ordered our base plate from Blue OX through a local dealer here called Waymire. I don't know how long it will take to come in. The shop said they would want the car for a whole day but may get it back to us sooner. We will let you know what happens.

Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote