I have an older Roadmaster BrakePro. I have read all problems that some have had burning out brakes. Like others have written the brakes activate some times when on rough roads, crossing RR tracks and bridge expansion joints. Nothing major but I have had to set mine to the least sensitive and the least pressure. But I wanted to have my toad brake most of the time when my coach brakes and not just in emergencies. And in an emergency the least amount of braking is less than desirable. I am not ready to invest in a new unit yet.
So I have engineered an upgrade. A little wire, some soldering, two relays and a plug to tie in to the brake lights. Now I can set any sensitivity and it will only come on if the brake light on the coach is active. I have diodes to my Jeep lights. It could have been easy with just one relay to close the circuit to the actuator but I didn't want to eliminate the breakaway switch. So I had to add in another relay that closes on ground from the breakaway feed. The first one closes on positive feed from one of the brake lights.
I added in a bypass switch so I can run the test, or use it in another toad in a factory setup.
Just ran it through the paces and I works perfect. Able to set the sensitivity to max and the pressure to mid range. It works better than I had hoped.
If anyone has a BrakePro and interested I would be happy to share my work. I had some spare relays on hand from a project that I did to run one of my old diesels on straight vegetable oil. I think I got them online for under $4. Total project should be under $10. I used spare parts so it was only my time invested.