Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #29

Thank you Scarab0088 and George

George I will make sure all the fluids and hoses changed.
The mechanic that has it said they've got the new alternator on it. They said it runs, and sounds really good, and when I talked to them they were getting ready to take it out for test drive. There were several things they fixed on it but I'll have to wait for the invoice to tell you what all those things were. There was some kind of electrical component thing that had gone out that was causing the wipers, etc. not to work. We did end up Not having to replace the battery at this time as we thought we were going to have to, but I'm sure the battery will have to be replaced before we take it too far from home.

The one we got is a 4x4 with the neutral in the transfer case, etc. According to the owner's manual it can be flat towed. The steps to flat tow ours are a little different than the steps that others on here, etc. have posted.

Ours has to have the
1)transfer case set to 2H and then driven backward 10 ft, and then forward 10ft to disengage the axle.
2)Then we put our transmission in neutral, turn off the vehicle with key in the unlocked Off position.
3)Shift transfer case lever from 2H to N
4)Shift our automatic transmission to Park
5)Hook up the tow bar and away we gooooooooo!!!! LOL I hope.
Bren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
tow, towing