Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #1

Installed the M&G

On my 2015 GMC 1500. Easy install. Just need to do the tap on the mh now and go somewhere.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2015, 11:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaNick View Post
On my 2015 GMC 1500. Easy install. Just need to do the tap on the mh now and go somewhere.
Glad you got it on there without issue. It is a pretty easy install, ain't it? Even on the coach side, it's pretty straight forward. I really like the fact that there's only a small, curly cue air line between the coach and the toad. No adjustments, no battery run-down, nothing. It just works.
Scott

FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:28 AM   #3

Congratulations. Now you can enjoy RVing without ever having to give toad braking another thought, other than connecting the air line. Life is good.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #4

The xtra battery tray made for a convenient place for the breakaway valve and tank also.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:23 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Awesome. They are a sweet setup aren't they?

After installing a couple for friends, I am about to pull my U.S. Gear Unified Braking system off mine and replace it with the M&G. No issues with my Unified, I just really like the M&G setup. I am sure I can sell it locally no problem.

Mike.
zmotorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:40 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Mike, I have been using USGear for 12 years without a problem. Can you exxplain what you like more about the M&G?

Seems to me you will have a little extra hassle with the air line, and will lose the charge line to toad battery. USGear has nothing to attach but the standard electrical line to coach.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:51 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Mike, I have been using USGear for 12 years without a problem. Can you exxplain what you like more about the M&G?

Seems to me you will have a little extra hassle with the air line, and will lose the charge line to toad battery. USGear has nothing to attach but the standard electrical line to coach.
Don't get me wrong, I have had zero issues with the U.S. Gear's Unifited Braking system. I just prefer the fact that there are less components in the M&G Engineering system. I have a friend who had me add the M&G system to his gas powered Bounder, personally I would not have gone through the expense of adding a compressor to a non-air brake coach. I tried talking him into the Unified Braking system for his application. For a coach that already has air brakes the M&G just makes more sense to me.

I don't need nor have a charge line to the Jeep from the coach so that is not an issue. The only additional wiring I had with the U.S. Gear system was the separate line running from the coach to the Jeep that I zip-tied alongside the main umbilical cord for the lights on the Jeep. I will only have an air line with the M&G so it is a wash as far as how many wires/lines running between coach and Jeep.

I am not badmouthing the U.S. Gear product so I don't want to mislead anyone. In my Jeep space is really at a premium and not having the actuator under the seat and the vacuum pump under the hood is a big plus as far as I am concerned. A single air line running to the master cylinder adapter is all that is necessary. Clean and simple.

The thing I like about the U.S. Gear system, like the M&G, is that they are both completely hidden and no need to move a box out of the drivers floorboard or anything like that. Disconnect from the coach and hop in the driver's seat and drive the toad.

My Unified Braking System has been on three Jeeps and three coaches now over the past 15+ years and well over 100k miles without one complaint. I am merely looking to install something different and gain a little bit of space in my Jeep.

Mike.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I removed a Roadmaster Brakemaster and installed the M&G system on our F150 and don't know it took me 20 yrs to decide to try the M&G, I was a little afraid of the adjustment needed for the install but it is a easy install after reading I think it was Fire Up installation.
2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #9

I had the M&G installed in my Enclave and they had to remove most of the air cleaner assembly to get it to fit. I have a big box of black parts leftover and a new K&N cleanable filter installed. I can't tell much difference in noise except when I really give it the gas. Sounds darn good.

The air line is easy to hook up and the brake system seems to work just fine.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have had zero issues with the U.S. Gear's Unifited Braking system. I just prefer the fact that there are less components in the M&G Engineering system. I have a friend who had me add the M&G system to his gas powered Bounder, personally I would not have gone through the expense of adding a compressor to a non-air brake coach. I tried talking him into the Unified Braking system for his application. For a coach that already has air brakes the M&G just makes more sense to me.

I don't need nor have a charge line to the Jeep from the coach so that is not an issue. The only additional wiring I had with the U.S. Gear system was the separate line running from the coach to the Jeep that I zip-tied alongside the main umbilical cord for the lights on the Jeep. I will only have an air line with the M&G so it is a wash as far as how many wires/lines running between coach and Jeep.

I am not badmouthing the U.S. Gear product so I don't want to mislead anyone. In my Jeep space is really at a premium and not having the actuator under the seat and the vacuum pump under the hood is a big plus as far as I am concerned. A single air line running to the master cylinder adapter is all that is necessary. Clean and simple.

The thing I like about the U.S. Gear system, like the M&G, is that they are both completely hidden and no need to move a box out of the drivers floorboard or anything like that. Disconnect from the coach and hop in the driver's seat and drive the toad.

My Unified Braking System has been on three Jeeps and three coaches now over the past 15+ years and well over 100k miles without one complaint. I am merely looking to install something different and gain a little bit of space in my Jeep.

Mike.
Are you saying you don't need run wires from the coach to the toad taillights with the M&G ?
Old 10-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
Are you saying you don't need run wires from the coach to the toad taillights with the M&G ?
No that is not what I am saying. I have the Cooltech wiring harness ran through my framerail and connect to the coach. You need to run wires for taillights no matter which system you are running.

I was just saying that connecting to two additional wires from the coach to the Jeep for the U.S. Gear setup would be no different than the one air line from the coach to the Jeep. That is all I meant about the number of connections to make is a wash.

Mike.

Tags
install, led