Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #1

installing Falcon base plate to 2004 CRV

Anyone have any advice on installing a Roadmaster Falcon base plate to a 2004 CRV. I understand it is complicated. Any suggestions or recommendations? Should we just pay the $$$$ and have it done professionally or is it worth attempting ourselves? Is they any sites that provide step by step instructions on removing the bumper, etc.?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99georgie View Post
Anyone have any advice on installing a Roadmaster Falcon base plate to a 2004 CRV. I understand it is complicated. Any suggestions or recommendations? Should we just pay the $$$$ and have it done professionally or is it worth attempting ourselves? Is they any sites that provide step by step instructions on removing the bumper, etc.?
it all depends how comfortable you are with getting the front fascia of your car all aligned once you restore all the parts to their original locations. If you feel comfortable with it - Go for it!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Roadmaster lists the install time as about 3 hours, so it can't be too bad. They consider "easy" to be 2 hours and Difficult to be 4+. It will undoubtedly take some fumbling to find all the fasteners and bolts for the front fascia, but a handyman-type ought to be able to cope.

But I have to admit that I copped out on my last one, after doing the previous three myself. My Acadia needed to have all the front fascia removed and I've gotten too old and fat to want to deal with it. Had the local pros do it instead.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #4

I installed the baseplate on my 2003 CRV and it went like clockwork. I downloaded the illustrated instructions from Roadmaster. The only daunting part was taking off the front end plastic work on the CRV. After that, everything slid into place and the fit was perfect. All the bolt holes lined up and it was no trouble at all. I appreciated Roadmaster's attention to detail. I imagine it took me a couple of hours but I don't work very fast in my old age.

Have fun

Dave