Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Installing Tow Plate on CRV

Fixing to purchase a 2011 CRV and after looking at the front end how do you install the tow brackets?? Do you have to cut??

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Go to Roadmaster's, Blue OX, and Demco;s web sites and download the install manuals. for the CRV. Make your choice and order.

rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
And use LocTite on all the hardware. Once you re-assemble the body parts those nuts and bolts are not easily visible. Some folks have had loosening problems.

Not saying there are some screw loose folks here but do use the LocTite.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Have an 08 CRV that my grandson and I installed the Roadmaster base plate. The instructions were great with illustrations . Took us less than 3 hours .

Bill Dane 99 CC Allure
Old 11-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #5

Wife and I installed a Roadmaster on a 2007 CRV. Took about 4 hours including going to get a drill bit.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Blue ox has great writeup on how to install a face plate on a 2011 CR-V. Great pictures and instructions. Others might have the same on their web site.

Dave
djhinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #7

I ran short of time and paid to have one installed on my 2011 CRV. I think it was about $600 including the cost of the base plate. Took them about three hours. The shop that installed it was recommended by the Honda dealer.
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
Fixing to purchase a 2011 CRV and after looking at the front end how do you install the tow brackets?? Do you have to cut??
Joe,

We have a 2010 CRV and installed the Roadmaster brackets. They fit perfectly after pulling the bumper. You do have to cut 2" square holes in the bumper for the receivers to go through. Very easy to do.

Also, are you aware that the 2012 CRV is to be released in about 2 weeks? I am told there will be design changes to the body and will be more fuel efficient. I would wait and check out the new one. Or get a great deal on an 11.

When you do your wiring to the toad, make sure and run a charge line. Ours (with GPS) will drain the battery on a long day of towing. The charge line solves the problem.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
I talked to a few Honda dealers and they don't think they will see the 2012 CRV this year. Doesn't matter we are heading South Sunday after Thanksgiving. We bought the EXL with Navi, I'm taking my tow set up (Roadmaster XL) to a dealer recommended hitch guy tomorrow to see what we will need for the CRV. Estimate without seeing my set up is 670.00 and includes wire set up for rear lights. Between my USAA discount and a beautiful 04 Grand Prix (40,000 miles)for a trade the balance was 22040. cash out the door. Also got the 7yr bumper to bumper warranty with the deal. I tried two other Honda Dealers in the Salt Lake Valley who wouldn't come close to this deal.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions, I looked at the instructions and before the cutting part I was all for doing it myself, but I can't even saw a 2x4 straight so I sure as heck ain't screwing up the BOSS"S new wheels. This will be hers, I get to drive the old Toad, the 03 Grand Am.

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote