Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jake Brake and Brake lights....

Will be picking up our new to us WGO 09 Tour next week in IA. Wondering if anyone can tell me if their brake lights come on when you use your Jake brake...if so I will need to adjust the sensitivity on my SMI Stay N Play supplemental braking system.

2009 WGO Tour 40TD
2012 Honda Fit Sport 5sp
Saddlebrooke, AZ
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
it is normal for the brake lights to come on when you use the jake, most rigs do this. I can see the reflection in my rear view mirror and camera. You'll just have to test it for yourself, might work in the driveway.

TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #3
The best way is to road test the system.
When using your jake brake to control speed down a hill, look at your LED indicator. If the LED is illuminated while you are cruising down the hill, you should pull over and raise the knob on the GFC so the inertia switch is leveled out while going down the hill.
Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right
August West is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
My engine brake turns on the brake lights when activated, but it does not activate my toad brake. My thought is that on my MH the engine brake tail light and the brake pedal tail light are on two separate feeds or diodes are used to keep one from activating the other.
2011 Monaco Knight 36', MaxForce 10, 350HP, 1150 lbs. Torque.
2008 Saturn Vue Toad, SMI Duo Brake, Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar
San Antonio, TX Home Port
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote

brake, brake lights, light, lights