Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #127

Monaco Owners Club
The reflash is still working on my Jeep also done in July ,but did you know they have now another reflash they want done i got the paper 2 weeks ago .I am going back in this week.One of these days they will get it right???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #128

are you talking about the ignition key issue similar to the one GM vehicles have?

Old 10-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnevans3 View Post
are you talking about the ignition key issue similar to the one GM vehicles have?
No. Nothing to do with ignition. The N23 recall is a re-programming of the FDCM, the control module for the transfer case.
HHIDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIDan View Post
No. Nothing to do with ignition. The N23 recall is a re-programming of the FDCM, the control module for the transfer case.
I know what the N-23 recall is since I had it done 8 times plus a new actuator. Had my last re-flash done on July 30 and it's still working just fine after 3000 miles of mixed towing, 4wl, and regular 4wh. BUT I have heard of nothing coming from FC for another round of re-flashing since the July 29 procedure was produced. When did this come out and is there any change to the July 29 version of N-23? Any new information is appreciated.:confuse d:
Old 10-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #131

Monaco Owners Club
I can not find the letter that Chrysler sent me .We are traveling and it is most likely on my desk at home.I would suggest call your dealership and ask service.Mine told me there was another version from the one done on July 30 th. I was going to take it at the same time they did the ignition key recall,but they do not know when they will have the part,so as soon as we get back i will take it in for the new reflash.
I have had mine in 8 times also new actuator to. We have been towing with no problems also been in 4 low 4 high& towed. I just do what they want,i just don't want a problem on the road!.My dealer has not charged me anything and provides a rental.The tech in the shop is the one that knows more than the guys at front desk,so try and talk to him if you can.Maybe one day they will get this right.
Good Luck .keep me posted
Old 10-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #132

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ohhh! I'm in the process of buying a "4 down" toad and Jeep WAS high on the list! After reading this thread, looks like a Honda CR-V is the way to go!

I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are awesome!
beepaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepaj View Post
Ohhh! I'm in the process of buying a "4 down" toad and Jeep WAS high on the list! After reading this thread, looks like a Honda CR-V is the way to go!

If you do that go get a 14 while they're still in stock. 2015s will not be towable. 2 weeks ago our Honda dealer still had 67 of the 14s.

2005 Country Coach Inspire, C9 CAT
Old 10-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #134

Finally got my Grand Cherokee in to hopefully get the failed N23 fixed. This was to a dealer in a different state from where the recall was first attempted. After a few hours they called to report strange findings. Though they could see in my records where Douglas Jeep in Venice, FL had filed for applying N23 twice, the computers on the Jeep were saying it had not been applied at all. What a mess.

I guess this dealer is trying to check to make sure they will be reimbursed for applying the N23 as well, but then wondering where that leaves me. Maybe after applying N23 they will then do whatever the next procedure is to "fix" it. Fortunately I am stationary for several weeks with access to another vehicle, so hopefully it can get sorted out and made right.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #135

The newest N23 update takes 12 minutes to do according to the Chrysler bulletin. Dealer showed me. This is as long as the new update does not find anything wrong with transfer case related parts (actuator or control module cracked board).
HHIDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcas01 View Post
Finally got my Grand Cherokee in to hopefully get the failed N23 fixed. This was to a dealer in a different state from where the recall was first attempted. After a few hours they called to report strange findings. Though they could see in my records where Douglas Jeep in Venice, FL had filed for applying N23 twice, the computers on the Jeep were saying it had not been applied at all. What a mess.

I guess this dealer is trying to check to make sure they will be reimbursed for applying the N23 as well, but then wondering where that leaves me. Maybe after applying N23 they will then do whatever the next procedure is to "fix" it. Fortunately I am stationary for several weeks with access to another vehicle, so hopefully it can get sorted out and made right.
Replying to my own post with update... So far so good. You can trust I will report back if the problem returns, but let's hope this little chapter is behind us.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #137

Just to report that my July 29 re-flash done on July 30 on my GC is still working just fine. It was the 8th flash along with a new actuator. Done in Spokane, WA at Dishman Dodge/Jeep. Have towed about 4000 miles and used 4wl for about 20 miles total. Another 1000 miles regular driving. Maybe it's a done deal now and we can move on to other things.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #138

I'm having same issue with N-23 Xfer case. Pulling fuse & moving back & forth works for about a month or so, then do again. I wish this jeep still had a hand lever for the xfer case instead of a solenoid that has to get permission from a computer to move a lever that rarely gets moved unless you tow .
Old 12-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #139

Take it back in. It appears they have finally figured out how to fix it - at least based on the most recent posts, including mine.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #140

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I did not read all of the 10 pages of posts. IF I am repeating someone elses idea I apologize. If you bought your jeep new. You should have some rights under your states lemon law. For instance. In Arkansas three times to try and repair then they buy it back. The interesting thing about the Arkansas lemon law is the mileage clock stops ticking the first time you report the problem. If you have 10,000 miles on your jeep and you tell them you cannot get the transfer case into neutral. They try to fix it and tell you it is done. you drive it 10,000 more miles and try it again it does not work this time, you take it back and tell them wont shift to neutral they work on it and tell you it is fixed. You take it home and drive 20,000 miles and go to shift to neutral and it wont shift. They now have tried to fix it three times and the lemon law kicks in. You have to pay the dealer so many cents per mile for the 10,000 miles you drove it before notifying them of a problem they have to refund the money you paid minus the mileage for driving it 10,000 miles even though in the example above the vehicle has 40,000 miles on it. These are made up numbers for mileage and various states might have a time limit or mileage limit before the Lemon Law does not apply but it would be worth your time to check it out if you bought it for a tow vehicle and it will not go into neutral.

Tags
recall