Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Jeep GC recalls

I was wondering if anyone has been successful with getting the FCDM reflashed to cure the Neutral shifting issue. I heard that they had a new version but have not talked to my dealer yet, I was waiting on the final notice for my ignition recall to talk to them about a reflash.

I had my recall done for the Neutral problem in Aug 2013 and have had nothing but problems since. I have been able to reset the FCDM by pulling the fuse but this is very inconvenient, fortunately I've been with my wife every time this has happened, I don't know if she could figure it out or not.

I am surprised that Jeep hasn't come up with a final solution and redone the recall. I am very dissatisfied with their customer service, 2 times I've called to complain and both times the service rep said that there is nothing in their files regarding a problem with the recall.

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2015, 11:11 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I would post your question on the Jeep forum Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

There are some sharp guys there and they are very helpful

Old 01-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #3

Yes, seems they figured it out with a reflash available back in July. Here is my positive report in another thread on the topic.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Did you get notice of the reflash or did you have to go beg for it????
Old 01-08-2015, 11:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Did you get notice of the reflash or did you have to go beg for it????
I learned of the new reflash from that other thread I referenced and had been following. Others had luck with it so thought I would give it a shot. Somewhere in that thread there is a link to the notice that I printed out and took to the dealer in the town where I was. They just did it.

Quite honestly, I was skeptical this small-town dealer could get it right so I went in twice asking to speak to the service manager who was always at another dealership in meetings. I reluctantly left it with the young service writer, but they got it done.

If you read the other thread, for me even though the latest dealer in TX saw a dealer in FL had submitted for two shots at the recall, the vehicle showed no indication that the recall had been done. Clearly initial attempts were a complete failure. Seems fixed finally.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:14 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I had my first recall done by the local dealer. I had trouble right off but they said they could not detect a problem. Then my wife had the coach and rig up in New York flying solo and she couldn't get the Jeep to go into neutral. Took it to a dealer up there and he said first flash wasn't right so he reflashed. Worked fine for 2 months and then failed again late in 2013, I couldn't get it to go into neutral so we ended up driving it separate all the way home. Took it back to dealer and he said nothing wrong but wanted to change my actuator for ~$900, I said no and walked and that was the last time I had talked to them.

Since then I did have to use the trick of pulling the FCDM fuse, it has cleared and reset the system for me to be able to shift it. Somewhat inconvenient but it works.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I had my first recall done by the local dealer. I had trouble right off but they said they could not detect a problem. Then my wife had the coach and rig up in New York flying solo and she couldn't get the Jeep to go into neutral. Took it to a dealer up there and he said first flash wasn't right so he reflashed. Worked fine for 2 months and then failed again late in 2013, I couldn't get it to go into neutral so we ended up driving it separate all the way home. Took it back to dealer and he said nothing wrong but wanted to change my actuator for ~$900, I said no and walked and that was the last time I had talked to them.

Since then I did have to use the trick of pulling the FCDM fuse, it has cleared and reset the system for me to be able to shift it. Somewhat inconvenient but it works.
Ditto for our 09 GC...finally got it fixed properly with a software upgrade this past August and have done many transfer case shifts with no problems.

But you have go to any Jeep dealer and ask for the software update, I doubt they will publish this "recall" because so few GC owner ever shift their transfer case.

Tags
recall