Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:28 AM   #141

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
You are dating yourself Brad

oh, but you bought the used in 2000 ? is that your story
Very used! hahahaha. I got them both in the 70s.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2016, 06:27 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Our group rally's do everything from exploring mines to serious rock crawling. 430 members. A waiting list to join, 60-100 coaches at a rally with several trail runs of groups of 5 to 12 Jeeps. Good food too.

The DH has been on the waiting list for almost a year😖

Old 08-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
The DH has been on the waiting list for almost a year😖
Recently, the club eliminated several members due to lack of activity. That opened up a number of spaces for new members. They will probably do the same thing after the first of the year so you might be able to get in then. Have you come to any rallys as a guest?
Old 08-31-2016, 11:23 PM   #144

Quote:
Recently, the club eliminated several members due to lack of activity. That opened up a number of spaces for new members. They will probably do the same thing after the first of the year so you might be able to get in then. Have you come to any rallys as a guest?
Crasher,
Are you speaking of the Lake Havasu Four Wheelers or, something like FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association)? As I understand it, that association does have a section of four wheelers that get together but, I think that group is limited to 100 members but, I'd have to re-verify.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:06 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Crasher,
Are you speaking of the Lake Havasu Four Wheelers or, something like FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association)? As I understand it, that association does have a section of four wheelers that get together but, I think that group is limited to 100 members but, I'd have to re-verify.
Scott
It's the FMCA 4-wheelers. They currently have capped the membership at 430. We have rallys in ST George, Moab, Havasu, Parker, Elephant Butte, Yuma, Quartzite, Florence and a few in Colorado. It is a great group of motorhome owners who have a passion for Jeeping in the mountains. Good fellowship, good fun, and great food.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:34 AM   #146

Quote:
It's the FMCA 4-wheelers. They currently have capped the membership at 430. We have rallys in ST George, Moab, Havasu, Parker, Elephant Butte, Yuma, Quartzite, Florence and a few in Colorado. It is a great group of motorhome owners who have a passion for Jeeping in the mountains. Good fellowship, good fun, and great food.
Is there a wait list? Sounds exactly like the kind of group I would like to join.

Answered my own question: http://www.fmca4wheelers.com/join-us
Old 09-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #147

Quote:

Didn't know we could. He doesn't get any info about the 4-wheel clubs rally's etc. Where would he find out about them?
Old 09-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #148

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
FMCA Four Wheelers member here. Great group of folks.

A good, informal, group focused in the San Diego / southern California area but not infrequently have runs elsewhere is JustRuns.com
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
Didn't know we could. He doesn't get any info about the 4-wheel clubs rally's etc. Where would he find out about them?
Unfortunately, you need to be a member to learn where and when the rally's are held. A member can invite a friend to join them at a rally. The guest can then do any of the activities during the rally except lead a trail ride. Do you know anyone near you that is a member? If you will PM me the name that you applied for membership, I can find out where you are on the waiting list.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #150

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Unfortunately, you need to be a member to learn where and when the rally's are held. A member can invite a friend to join them at a rally. The guest can then do any of the activities during the rally except lead a trail ride. Do you know anyone near you that is a member? If you will PM me the name that you applied for membership, I can find out where you are on the waiting list.
So they put a cap on membership, but open it to friends? What is the real purpose for the cap?
Old 09-02-2016, 01:49 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
So they put a cap on membership, but open it to friends? What is the real purpose for the cap?
We put a cap on because the club was growing too fast and the rally's were getting too large for some areas. We started to get upwards to 15 rigs on a trail ride which makes it a long day especially if a few are not qualified to be on that difficult of a trail. The membership just happen to be 430 when the decision to cap it was made. Very few members bring a guest, so it doesn't affect the number of attendee's very much. It's important to show new potential members what the club does in order to maintain an active group over time. Currently there are 100 registered for Havasu in Feb. Only 37 for Thanksgiving in Ft. McDowell. 67 in Yuma in Jan. There are 10 rally's or Gatherings scheduled between now and the end of Feb. IMO, 100 coaches and Jeeps is about the limit for all to enjoy. Ten different runs a day keeps the number on the trail down.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:50 PM   #152

All this talk of Jeeps, rocks, and Moab and you're going to talk me into towing this. I've had it since new in 2004, it's been paid for for many years now, and I have played with the idea of towing it; but it's right at the limit of my towing and gross weight limits. Maybe if I left the spare axle shafts and tie rod home...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0710-4wd-01-z+colorado-trail-ride+up-rock.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	137900  
ME for Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:40 AM   #153

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I've been looking at getting a Wrangler to drag behind the coach for mild fire road and beach use, with maybe occasional very mild trail use. Paying cash, looking <$15k. That gets a decade-and-a-half old unit with anywhere from 90k-170k miles. Unreal, especially when you look at the cliff face that represents Patriot/Liberty/Commander/[Grand]Cherokee depreciation.

I talked to a friend of mine who deals in pre-owned cars (and also has Jeeps himself). He said what I was looking for - low-ish mileage, mild street use, not heavily modified, not a rock rig, good condition - meant that I was going to throw the book value out the window. He said to find the rig that was what we wanted, close my eyes, and open the wallet. How true that has turned out to be.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #154

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
That gets a decade-and-a-half old unit with anywhere from 90k-170k miles. Unreal, especially when you look at the cliff face that represents Patriot/Liberty/Commander/[Grand]Cherokee depreciation.
Ya, but have you driven a Patriot? Rated top 10 worst mistakes on one of MSN sponser surveys.

It is good to know I may be able to recover some of the cash I've been throwing into my Wrangler! DW keeps shaking her head whenever UPS drives away Ah, I see my new Magnaflow exhaust just arrived