Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #225

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
dont overlook a good used tj/lj. Mid teens $$. Simpler to maintain. Easy to modify and for less money. Imho.

But if 4 doors are a must, those additional doors will be expensive. (-:
totally agree!!
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2016, 06:46 AM   #226

Buying new Jeep

We are looking at buying new Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Not that many cars we can pull four down any longer. We will never have it off road. Want something comfortable for wife to drive around and on highway that is smooth and as trouble free as possible. What do you all think of this model? Anyone ever purchased a new vehicle with cash and no trade at 15% off sticker price?
Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:17 AM   #227

Isn't that the model that has the recalls for the transmission selector? The one that crushed the Star Trek actor. Hopefully they have changed the design.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #228

Country Coach Owners Club
Jeep prices RIDICULOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
Isn't that the model that has the recalls for the transmission selector? The one that crushed the Star Trek actor. Hopefully they have changed the design.

The 2016 and 2017 have a different shifter mechanism than the 2014/2015. I am not sure if this was in response to the selector issues/recall.

Btw. FC (Fiat Chrysler) has indicated the vehicle that was involved in that tragic accident had been modified from OEM specifications.

Edit FC is Fiat Chrysler
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #229

Country Coach Owners Club
Jeep prices RIDICULOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
We are looking at buying new Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Not that many cars we can pull four down any longer. We will never have it off road. Want something comfortable for wife to drive around and on highway that is smooth and as trouble free as possible. What do you all think of this model? Anyone ever purchased a new vehicle with cash and no trade at 15% off sticker price?

Safe travels all

I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee Limited and it was paid for with cash and no trade in. It was bought at the end of model year, stock unit and dealer executive demo - 12% off sticker back then (vehicles were selling good before the 2008 crash)

Trying to purchase a 2016 Grand Cherokee Summit Eco diesel right now and seem to be stuck at 14%. Regionally there is a high level of stock of these vehicles (here in western Canada) so am trying for higher. Your purchase area and dealers may be different.

Dealer incentives and factory incentives vary from time to time and area to area. My experience.

Ps. I love my Grand Cherokee.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #230

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
FC?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #231

FCA
Fiat Chrysler Automotive?

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
2015 Fiat 500 Pop stick
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post

Safe travels all

Not to get of track, as we DO tow an '03 TJ.......
We recently purchased a '16 Lincoln MKX to tow when we aren't "playing" with the Jeep. It has a " neutral tow" feature ( available in all models ) for 4down towing, and is quite comfortable. Lincoln is rated highly in reliability. We used Lincolns 5 year no interest loans and got some money off, but can't comment on all-cash deal.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #233

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That's a nice plan - a comfy car and keep the TJ. I was thinking that. I believe the Lincoln has a Ford counterpart - the Edge, or maybe it's the Explorer.

However, I just found a 2 year old Wrangler Unlimited with the MOAB Unlimited mods!!! Wow is that nicely done, not the Jeep MOAB package, but the true MOAB Industries work over they do at their own shop in Prescott AZ!
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #234

Just ordered a 2017 JK Rubicon Hard Rock loaded with every option available. 2% under dealer invoice. $45k plus tax and tags. Less expensive then the daily driver, BMW 535, $60k there. [moderator edit ]
Cpines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:28 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpines View Post
Just ordered a 2017 JK Rubicon Hard Rock loaded with every option available. 2% under dealer invoice. $45k plus tax and tags. Less expensive then the daily driver, BMW 535, $60k there. [moderator edit ]
Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Is that $45K INCLUDING TAX AND TAGS? Or, is it $45K then add tax and tags. If it's done this way, you're pretty close to $50K Out the door, depending on the specifics, as in your local taxes and what they charge you for your tags.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:59 AM   #236

Plus taxes, tags, and dealer paperwork fee. NC taxes on autos is 3% of sales price, tags about $190 and doc fee is $499. Now this is a loaded, with every option JK. But these jeeps are popular and Chrysler makes you pay for it, big time.
I still have the tow bar and invisabrake from my past jeep towed vehicle just need a base plate for this new one. To start from scratch to tow this behind the coach would add another $3500 in parts and labor. I plan on doing the install myself. Last time I had camping world install. What a mess that was. Killed my battery, dented my door and lots of other problems with their services. Camping world sucks,but that's another story.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:20 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpines View Post
What was msrp on the JKU RHR?
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #238

Right around $50k. With every option except factory GPS tracking locater.
They even now offer electronic sway bar uncouplers, painted hard top with removable roof panels and a bunch of really creature comfort features while still keeping the Jeep soul. We're heading to Monument Valley and Moab in February.
Lions Back, Yah baby!