Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:14 AM   #85

New Jeep

It's a beauty ! I think my 2008 Sahara might get traded in.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2016, 10:27 AM   #86

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
OH NO Fireup !!!

Now my wife would make us change motorhomes if the jeep didn't match the coaches color

If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #87

American Coach Owners Club
Gorgeous! I'm jealous!
Those new Rubicon are incredible!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:14 AM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh man I need to stop reading this thread! I've done the "Build your own" on the Jeep website 1,000 times and I can taste a new Jeep on my lips! ....... Just put new exhaust on the 97, it would be a shame not to get some use out of it....or would it
Old 08-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
OH NO Fireup !!!

Now my wife would make us change motorhomes if the jeep didn't match the coaches color

HA, my DH actually drove the salesperson over to the RV storage lot to compare the color of the "potential" jeep to the colors on the MH to make sure it coordinated ok before we bought it. Poor sales guy was a bit worried about where we were taking him!
Old 08-23-2016, 02:48 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berryfarmer View Post
With all the pictures of Jeeps being posted we couldn't put the decision off any longer! We came home with a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Very different than our Suburban, but fun to drive.
Berryfarmer,
Very, very nice. White "WAS" our top pick for a color due to the fact that we live in Lake Havasu City AZ and, as many of you well know, it gets just a bit WARM out here so, we figured White would be about the coolest. But, based on what was available, condition, price and all the circumstances, we opted for our second choice, Hydro Blue Pearl Coat. Aren't these newer JKUs really pleasant to drive? We surely think so. Ultra quiet, power enough for all operating conditions, mileage in the "OK" department, plenty of ammenities/bells and whistles/luxuries (for a Jeep Wrangler anyways).

Yes, the cost is astronomical but, you do one of two things. Let life go by WANTING something that you know you really would like to have (and can afford it) or, you just go BUY IT and be done and really, really happy.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:32 PM   #91

Entegra Owners Club
Thank! I love the blue but it would clash with the "Gold Mist" colors on our coach. I wish they had a Maroon color instead of the Firecracker Red. We live in FL so the white was a good option for us.
Berryfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:05 AM   #92

Quote:
Thank! I love the blue but it would clash with the "Gold Mist" colors on our coach. I wish they had a Maroon color instead of the Firecracker Red. We live in FL so the white was a good option for us.
Hey Berryfarmer,
White is the "Universal" color, it goes with EVERYTHING. It's also the one that will look the cleanest, long after it's been washed. That is unless you cruise around in the mud. But, it will stay cooler, longer in the sun than other ones with darker colors. I'm presently looking at "leveling Kits" to pickup the front by about 2" and the rear about 1". That will allow me to run anywhere from stock tires to 34" without issues. And, it will allow for moderate off roading too.

Now, to get all the stuff for towing!
Scott
Old 08-25-2016, 07:06 AM   #93

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Hey Berryfarmer,
White is the "Universal" color, it goes with EVERYTHING. It's also the one that will look the cleanest, long after it's been washed. That is unless you cruise around in the mud. But, it will stay cooler, longer in the sun than other ones with darker colors. I'm presently looking at "leveling Kits" to pickup the front by about 2" and the rear about 1". That will allow me to run anywhere from stock tires to 34" without issues. And, it will allow for moderate off roading too.

Now, to get all the stuff for towing!
Scott
Scott,

We like the white for exactly those reasons! And yes, the stuff for towing. As if the jeep wasn't pricy enough. One of my friends who also owns a Wrangler said Jeep stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket"! 😊

I ordered the M&G engineering brake system with the brake away kit, the Mopar wiring kit recommend here and a Hard Rock Aluminum bumper with the Blue Ox connectors. I have to wait for a "pocket refill" so I can order the Tow Bar! I figured I'd get the parts that take longer to install first.
Berryfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #94

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Scott,

We like the white for exactly those reasons! And yes, the stuff for towing. As if the jeep wasn't pricy enough. One of my friends who also owns a Wrangler said Jeep stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket"! 😊
Just wait till you get your first Quadratec Catalog!! It's like Toys-For-Jeeps!
Old 08-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #95

As my brother in law, the carpet salesman, used to say, if you want to hide dirt, the only real way is to buy something the color of dirt. So we have a sand-colored Sahara for our toad.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:10 AM   #96

Quote:
I ordered the M&G engineering brake system with the brake away kit, the Mopar wiring kit recommend here and a Hard Rock Aluminum bumper with the Blue Ox connectors.
That is exactly the setup we have. I use a Blue Ox Adventa tow bar with it.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #97

Quote:
Scott,

We like the white for exactly those reasons! And yes, the stuff for towing. As if the jeep wasn't pricy enough. One of my friends who also owns a Wrangler said Jeep stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket"! ��

I ordered the M&G engineering brake system with the brake away kit, the Mopar wiring kit recommend here and a Hard Rock Aluminum bumper with the Blue Ox connectors. I have to wait for a "pocket refill" so I can order the Tow Bar! I figured I'd get the parts that take longer to install first.
When we first entered "Jeeping" way back about 30-35 years ago, we were using the old "CJ"s. In those days, the manufacturer was AMC, (American Motors Corporation). "Just Empty Every Pocket" was one of the monikers. The other one was: "Just Everyone Elses Parts". The reason that one came about was because in the AMC ownership of Jeep, when you looked under the hood of one of those CJs, you'd see an AMC engine, a Ford solenoid and in some cases, a GM Starter and I think, you'd also see a GM alternator.

Anyway, I'll bet you have to wait for "Pocket Refill" after ordering up one of those Hardrock ALUMINUM bumpers. I took a brief look at those in the Quadratec goodie book and, quickly turned the page. I'd really like the Aluminum one for a serious weight savings. But like you stated, as if the Jeep wasn't expensive enough, I'd have to take out a second on the house to get that aluminum bumper.

There's some good info in the "toads and towing" section of this forum for setting up the lighting. Not sure which system I'm going just yet but, it looks like the Hopkins system.
Scott
Old 08-25-2016, 03:53 PM   #98

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfoot View Post
We used TJ's (Wranglers) up until this year. We were looking for something more comfortable on the road without giving up 4 wheelin' capability. The new(er) JK's etc, although very nice vehicles, are not worth the $$$ to us. Quite by accident, we found the WK Grand Cherokee (2005-2010), specifically the Hemi Limited to fill our needs and a very nice one can be found for <$10k. We sold our '02 TJ for $12k and replaced it with an '06 WK for $8K. They hook up and flat tow with ease, exhibit very good road manners even with lift kits and aggressive tires, and perform well off road. JMO... others will surely disagree!
I had a WJ (Grand Cherokee) I bought for around $8k with 70,000 milers with the 4.7 v8 I think it was and it drove nice and pulled easily. Drove it for a year or so and sold it for $7,500. I now have an 08 Wrangler JK I bought on a good deal from a friend and it IS much more rugged and cool and for the most part better off-road, but it was nearly $20k after some personal upgrades and the wife isn't thrilled with the height (it's lifted) nor the rougher ride. Both are easily serviceable.