Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #1

Just bought a 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

That was yesterday. Today...insurance and getting the extra car ready to sell. Then it's time to enter the world of tow plates, A-arms, braking systems, rear hitch. I hope for smooth sailing on all of it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats! Very cool. I'm trying to decide between a Wrangler and a Liberty. Tough choice so far!

Old 05-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I just got the deal on the Liberty. There were no Wranglers I wanted at the time. This is our 3rd Liberty and they are very nice. Depending on the Wrangler, they are noisier than the Liberty as all Liberties are hard tops whereas many Wranglers are not.

I already have a Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000 that came with my coach. I will be getting a Roadmaster baseplate installed sometime in the near future. The Liberty is around 4500 ponds, so should tow easily behind my large coach.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
The Liberty is a nice toad. Much more pleasant to drive than a Wrangler (on real roads, off-road is something else).
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #5

Have been towing our '12 Liberty for almost a year now. Love driving it and towing it. Blue ox Aventa bar and blue ox base plate. Roadmaster Evenbrake . Still have prior toad '00 jeep wrangler that we still take for certain trips. You will really enjoy your new liberty!
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
You guys made a great case for the Liberty, so after a lot of looking, I found an '06, with about 75,000 miles, a 3.7, and AT. If it checks out, I'll make an offer on it today! Anything I should ask the dealer about (like the windows that fall down, the timing belt that seems to break at 90,000 miles, etc.)?
Old 05-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, it didn't check out. Dealer said it needs about $4,500 just in parts, so they wholesaled it. I'm back to square one.

Tags
toad