Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Left dolly light keeps busting

The last three times we went to Florida, our left tow dolly light has busted! Yet there seems to be no sign of damage to towed vehicle, and it sets very close to light! Could there be some kind of vacuum created when an 18 wheeler or something goes by. And cause it to implode? has anyone heard or know of such a thing?

glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The lights on my dolly kept blowing. It got old in a real hurry. I changed them out with LED fixtures. Havent had a problem since.

Stewart & Kim. 2011 Serrano 31V, MaxForce 7 w/ Allison 6 Sp. Fiat 500 Sport Diesel Pusher.
Surge Guard 3450, TST 510, Sliverleaf VMSpc, RVND 7710. Blue Ox Tow. 2010 Arctic Cat 700 TRV.
Someday your life may flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks IMDSailor. Actually what I should have said is that the whole housing and light flat out shatters!
glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
I know this post is a little old,and the problem may all ready be solved.But !First,check for loose fasteners,make sure every thing is tight ! Get you a rubber mallet and tap on the fender or frame next to it.Use different directions,degrees of force.In my opinion you're looking for a vibration,it exerts/or sets up with sufficient amplitude/motion to trash your light. Hope this may help with your problem.
My First Rig is offline   Reply With Quote