Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Loading my EZE Tow First Try Questions

My first attempt to load my Prius onto the Eze Tow Dolly. The left tire is pushed against the back plate while the right tire is a few inches short. Is this ok, or must I have both against the back plate or does it matter if neither are?

If it needs to have both tires all the way back, how do you get it there? Both my tires hit the ramp at the same time - I got out multiple times and checked and creeped up to the ramp and top.

Going back out to try again and hoping for better results. I also still need to adjust the position of the Winches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1234.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	106428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1238.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	106429  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #2

Triple E Owners Club
I ran into the same problem the first few times I tried it. It is better to have someone to help you line up the centre of the car to the centre of the dolly. I put pieces of tape on the car and dolly to aid the spotter. It is very difficult to do this yourself as you are not sitting in the centre of the car and can't judge it very well.
You should make sure that both tires are as close as possible (within 1/2 inch) to the vertical bar with at least one touching. You will find that when you check the car after driving it for a few miles that at least one of the tires will be a few inches back from the bar and no amount of tightening it will close it up. This is normal but since the straps will stretch when new they should be checked and tightened after a few miles.
When you get to your destination unless you are able to come to a stop after driving in a straight line for several feet then one tire will be up against the bar and the other one will be several inches back. This is no problem if you have left enough slack in the safety chain going over the suspension. If the safety chain is tight on one side then you can't fix it by driving the car forward. You must swing the dolly in the direction of the gap.
If the right tire is moved back from the front lip, you can't fix that by trying the drive the car forward. Instead you must swing the tongue of the dolly to the right. To do that, turn the wheels of the towing vehicle to the right, and back up a few inches. Reverse that for the left car tire.

GPont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Keep practicing. You'll get it.

Dave
1999 Triple E Signature 35.5
Cat 3126B
Old 09-10-2015, 01:41 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzzy View Post
Keep practicing. You'll get it.