Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Looking For SMI Stay-in-Play Classic Controller

I am looking for the controller box (the one that goes under the seat) to the SMI Stay-in-Play it is about 8 x 8 and 2 inches thick. Has a Vacuum gauge on the top. I am also looking for the receiver that goes into the motor home that tells me when the brakes in the Toad are applied...

I have a 2006 HHR that is all set-up to tow but I am missing those parts....

I called SMI and all they wanted to do was sell me a whole new system....

Does anyone have any ideas????

Thanks Lee

LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
I called SMI and all they wanted to do was sell me a whole new system.... Does anyone have any ideas????
Lee, I know it must be a bit of a sticker shock but I would get the Duo that is installed under the hood rather than the SIP under the seat. I had both the Duo and the SIP. The DUO is just better technology and almost indistinguishable from the Air Force 1 in performance. So it's not so much the cost of the box or where it goes, it's just that SMI has been able to perfect the technology and it's working out very well for them. SMI is one of the very best auxiliary braking systems, close 2nd M&G.

I would not be able to suggest where you could get an under seat SIP unless someone had one on the shelf someplace.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Lee, I know it must be a bit of a sticker shock but I would get the Duo that is installed under the hood rather than the SIP under the seat. I had both the Duo and the SIP. The DUO is just better technology and almost indistinguishable from the Air Force 1 in performance. So it's not so much the cost of the box or where it goes, it's just that SMI has been able to perfect the technology and it's working out very well for them. SMI is one of the very best auxiliary braking systems, close 2nd M&G.

I would not be able to suggest where you could get an under seat SIP unless someone had one on the shelf someplace.
Mike I know what your saying but our HHR is already set up to use the SIP (?) and I am trying to save some $$$$... Besides I am to old and fat to try and install the stupid cylinder on the brake peddle again..
Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Mike I know what your saying but our HHR is already set up to use the SIP (?) and I am trying to save some $$$$... Besides I am to old and fat to try and install the stupid cylinder on the brake peddle again..
Come to Myrtle Beach this fall and I'll install it for you! Who's the man!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Come to Myrtle Beach this fall and I'll install it for you! Who's the man!
ha ha ha... Careful I may just take you up on that if I can find the $1000.00 to buy the Duo...
Old 03-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #6

Quote:
s I am to old and fat to try and install the stupid cylinder on the brake peddle again..
LOL...I just had the complete SMI Stay IN Play Duo system installed in the Wrangler. Although I've been a technician all my life, I just don't bend like I use to so the extra money was VERY well spent. The control box was installed fwd in the passenger foot well (inside) making for a very clean installation. Yes, I'm grin'n from ear to ear! Good luck with your search. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #7

LeeB,

When you refer to the controller box, do you mean the actual brain of the system or what is known as the G-Force Controller?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamruss View Post
LeeB,

When you refer to the controller box, do you mean the actual brain of the system or what is known as the G-Force Controller?
Yes I guess that's what it is called. It is a box that is about 8 x 10 by 2 inches thick with a Vacuum gauge on the top. It had 2 vacuum plugs and power plugged into it and it sat on the floor of our HHR behind the drivers seat... Here is a picture of it..
Old 03-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #9

Ok LeeB. Just wanted to be clear Discount Towing Supply could have it. I hear they have alot of older SMI parts that were taken in on trade.