RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #1

Looking For Toad Setup Installer in the Greater Seattle Area

I just purchased my new RV. I'd like to get my 2013 MKX setup to tow behind. While I am a pretty handy guy, age, skills, and a place to work have all gone away so I am willing to pay to have it done professionally. I am also open to recommendations for brands for baseplate, towbar, and brake system. I live on the Eastside but I am willing to travel in the area for good work. Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
I don't know if you're willing to travel as far as Centralia but I always like to use iRV2 sponsors whenever I can. Most sponsors here on the forum have good reputations and are reasonably priced.

You're probably familiar with Brazels as they have an excellent reputation not only here in WA state but up and down the west coast and we've used them for a variety of services through the years.

During the time when we were full-timing, whenever we'd stay at one of two of our bases (the one in Olympia), we'd always have our scheduled maintenance done there. They have a small "campground" adjacent to the shop and you can stay overnight if needed (go HERE).

Brazel's RV Performance ...website go HERE
3912 Harrison Ave
Centralia WA. 98531

(360) 736-9494

Again, they sponsor several sub-forums here at iRV2 and are a registered vendor, third and fourth on the list if you go HERE.

eta: And I will be kind of contradicting myself a bit but as far as brands of base plates and towbars, even though Blue Ox is an iRV2 sponsor, I personally have used Roadmaster for all the towbars we've owned as their headquarters and facilities are in Vancouver WA and you can easily go there should you have problems or need them to check anything as they are conveniently located. I once had them do a "tune up" on my towbar and just left it with them and picked it up a few days later.

I believe Brazels is a factory authorized dealer for both Roadmaster and Blue Ox, however.

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #3

Infinity Coach in Sumner does that work, although I didn't use them (I acquired my toad already set up the way I needed).

I like Roadmaster for tow bars and base plates and the Air Force One braking system. All working well for me.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #4
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ55 View Post
Infinity Coach in Sumner does that work, although I didn't use them (I acquired my toad already set up the way I needed).

I like Roadmaster for tow bars and base plates and the Air Force One braking system. All working well for me.
Jim, the owner of Infinity, a family business, is great! Low key but very helpful. We've used them for several things.

However, they do have mixed reviews online. I also have had heard of several who have had problems with their installation of brackets. It may have to do with who in the shop actually does the job, I don't know.

From my personal experience, they have always treated us with respect and did work that was completely satisfactory and at a competitive price. .

(I'll PM the OP and you a vid I ran across as I don't really want to post it publicly so you can at least see "another opinion" and the OP can make his own decision. Generally, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that the OP contact Jim to at least get an estimate and perhaps a better feeling about the business itself.)
Old 03-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
Responding to what you wrote in our PM conversation, I think you'll be okay with Torklift in Kent. They have a decent reputation in the Puget Sound area. They are busier than heck as I've been there several times through the years and couldn't even get waited on with lots of folks sitting in the waiting room having work done. I suppose being busy like that is a good thing.

I believe they are an authorized Roadmaster dealer.

Let's see if anybody has any personal experience with them here on the forum.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #6

I've used Torklift for receivers on a few vehicles and they've always done a good job. They are very busy and I think they've gotten expensive/high priced as s result. I'm not sure I'd consider them for a base plate install unless they've already done some on the same kind of vehicle that I have.
DJ55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #7

Well, I'm thinking maybe I'll contact Roadmaster and see who they have as dealers here. I didn't make it clear in my original post that my new RV is a Class C so no air brakes.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #8
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Well, I'm thinking maybe I'll contact Roadmaster and see who they have as dealers here. I didn't make it clear in my original post that my new RV is a Class C so no air brakes.
Roadmaster Dealer Locator

When I put in "98052" it came up with only one on the eastside and that is:

Mann's Hitch & Weld --website go HERE
12005 NE 12th St
Bellevue, WA 98005

I don't know why I didn't think of Mann's as I used them decades ago when I lived in the area. They installed a custom hitch I wanted on a pickup where they had to rearrange things and do some welding. I think they'll be expensive but will do a good job. They're off of NE 12th once Bel-Red turns into NE 12th after going past 124th (Safeway Admin offices ...if they're still there)
Old 03-18-2019, 03:35 PM   #9

I used Mann's once many years ago and they did a great job on a receiver. Didn't think about them either. Probably no more expensive than Torklift, both will probably be more than you'd prefer to spend

DJ55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, toad