Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
If it fits get one. Once it's installed and you hook up your air you are done. Yr 5 with ours and about 40k miles.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #16

Sorry, my description was not very thorough. The breaking system is for the tow car.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I, like others, have been using the M&G braking system for many trouble free years. I taped into one of the air feed lines to a brake can using an HD tee then to a quick disconnect at the MH hitch. This system is flawless, only one moving part, no electronics to go south, no cables to deal with, is proportional with the coach and hooks up in 5 seconds. I had a Roadmaster box-on-the-floor system that cost me new brakes and rotors on a new pickup cause it applied the toad brakes on long downhill grades whenever I used the exhaust brake. I installed my own M&G system in about an hour on two different vehicles so not a difficult task. I would strongly recommend this system.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
I, like others, have been using the M&G braking system for many trouble free years. I taped into one of the air feed lines to a brake can using an HD tee then to a quick disconnect at the MH hitch. This system is flawless, only one moving part, no electronics to go south, no cables to deal with, is proportional with the coach and hooks up in 5 seconds.... I installed my own M&G system in about an hour on two different vehicles so not a difficult task. I would strongly recommend this system.
Hi Bob

This is my third install of the M&G system and by far the hardest. I just spent an hour upside down under the rear axle of the coach trying to figure out just where the "3/8 inch plastic DOT approved line that connects the two proportioning valves" is located so I can make my connection there as per instructions! I figured it out, but now I have to go to town to buy a "street T" that wasn't supplied. Next will be the Honda CRV half of the system. Space is so limited around the master cylinder they recommend using a flexible shaft magnet just to place the nut and lock washer onto the master cylinder stud.

Bottom line, I wish I had your skills to be able to do this in an hour. Shoot reading and understanding the instructions took me longer than that!

However, I do agree that this system is one of the best I have used.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the M&G too, and I love it. It's just so simple at hookup.

Call M&G, they are very nice folks
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #20

We have just recently changed to the M&G system, including their break away system. I do not have the physical ability anymore to do the machinations that would be required to install it but used to be a pretty good mechanic. The system has worked flawlessly so far and is quick and simple to hook up. It replaced a Ready Brute Elite system (which my son and I had installed) that I had some reservations about (but in all honesty seemed to work satisfactorily) JMHO. The only downside I see to the M&G system is that it is not transferable to another towed vehicle. But our plan is not to need another towed!
firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #21
DJJ

Add me to the list, the M&G system is easy to use and is trouble free. I tow a Chev Equinox, M&G are model specific so make sure they make one to fit the car you want to tow.

Jeff
Old 07-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
C.H. Topping in Long Beach, Ca. is an installer for the M&G units give them a call. 562 432-0901
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #23

I too am happy with my M&G brake. I upgraded my Jeep Cherokee to a newer one and to my surprise the installation required a new M&G unit. To their credit they gave me credit for the replaced unit though.

Have a nice day - Darrel
Old 07-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
M&G Towing System

We have an 2008 CRV Honda and a 2013 Jeep Sahara. Both have the M&G Systems that were installed when we bought them new. We are very happy with the system and would recommend it. On both vehicles you just hook up (very simple), put the vehicle in neutral and away you go. We have towed the Honda for two days without ever starting (the Jeep not so long) it and never a dead battery on either one. There is a place in Houston (Texas) that installs these as a matter of course. Again, very happy.

Good luck with your choice.

Becker
becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #25

Had an M&G installed last month

We had an M&G installed on our 01 Jeep Cherokee last month at the office in Athens Texas. Fortunately it's only 3 hrs. from home. They have a 50 amp hookup on the side of the building for customer conveiance when they come in late at night. We got there around 12:00am. The guys showed up at 8:00am and started the install. We were on the road by 10:00am. They had a take off that fit our Jeep from someone that had another toad they were upgrading to. Saved us $200. It was refurbished and carried a full warranty. Great product and great service men and a great price. Takes less than 1 min. to hook the connections up. Drive out price was $800 for our set up. We left there and made a 3100 mile trip through Colorado to the grand canyon with no issues from the braking system, it worked flawlessly.
I highly recommend M&G.

Tags
auxiliary breaking, car breaking, class a, diesel, m & g engineering