Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:16 AM   #1
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We are going to introduce a new warning system for the M&G tow braking system.It has a red LED light that will illuminate when the car brake is activated.It also has a warning buzzer in the coach if the car breaks away.This should make the cadillac of tow brakes even better.

Mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2005, 09:16 AM   #2
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We are going to introduce a new warning system for the M&G tow braking system.It has a red LED light that will illuminate when the car brake is activated.It also has a warning buzzer in the coach if the car breaks away.This should make the cadillac of tow brakes even better.

Mike

Old 11-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I should have patended this idea when I modified my Brake Master system I used on my MoHo. I had a small flashing red light that set on the dash of the dinghy and held in place by Velcro. It was wired such that any time I had the brake pedal mashed with the brake system, the light flashed and could be seen in the rear view camera or viewer. I was going to wire it back to the dash, but we sold the Moho before I did this.

I wanted a positive display that the brake was applied. Also was a safety in the event the break away cable was tripped.

Ken
Old 11-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #4

Where can I get information on the waring light for the M&G brake system?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Official iRV2 Sponsor

The M&G tow brake monitor is in development & should be ready for Quartzsite.Call our shop at 877-786-1576 when you are ready.

Mike
Old 12-01-2005, 03:22 PM   #6

I have been selling one for $99 for 2 years now. Have you copied mine?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #7
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Dryrot,

Absolutely not,our unit is wireless & has a warning buzzer & indicator lights either in or on the coaches dash.They dont have to use their camera to see it work.The only thing that may be similar is the pressure switch.

Mike
Old 12-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #8

My website does not define what my pressure switch actually is. The only way to determine what I switch I use is to buy one which you have not. Or the easy way is to have a friend write for installation instructions which I have recently received from someone in WA with the initials of GH.
It took me months to come up with the appropriate switch. That was part of MY "Research and Development. I would have sold my rights to you for little or nothing had you come forward in a forthright way. Now I understand what your "Research and Development" really consists of. Honorable move.

Good luck to you on your R & D and perhaps someone will not pirate your ideas.

Dry
Old 12-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #9
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Dry,

We use oil pressure switch made by niehoff,which ANYONE can buy anywhere.Our R&D consists of of finding correct wafer boards & programming microchips.I have never heard of your deal until you posted it here.There is also no one with GH initials here.Do not jump to conclusions or make accusations about what you know absolutely nothing about.I have an Idea dont ship GH your instructions.This is a business in Centralia,WA. not a shade tree operation.I have been installing the M&G tow braking system for 12 years & infact they are ordering this from us for their other dealers.

Mike
Old 12-02-2005, 02:34 PM   #10

If you have never heard of my deal before, how do you know mine is a McDonalds and yours is an Outback?

Sorry my friend, I don't buy it!

Anyway, good luck to you on your new venture at your garage. You will need it. Meanwhile I'm going back to the shade of my tree, here in Florida.

BTW, while you are up, we'll have a Bloomin Onion and a pitcher of Fosters. We promise to leave a nice tip.

Dry
Old 12-02-2005, 02:50 PM   #11
Official iRV2 Sponsor

I saw your website that you put on your post & then edited it SIR.If you have a business than act like a professional,I will ship you one of mine so you can see it is nowhere near the same.I made the reference of the oil pressure switch because it is the simplest part of our unit.We didn't spend an hour on r&d of our switch because it is availabe anywhere.

Mike
Old 12-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #12

Brazels, you said, " I saw your website that you put on your post & then edited it DA."

Well DA. Here was the edit: "This message has been edited. Last edited by: TXiceman, December 01, 2005 11:21 PM December 01, 2005 11:21 PM"

This is a forum moderator since I am not a vender according to forum rules, I could not display a web site, hence, he edited it out. Not me.

You also said "If you have a business than act like a proffesional,"

I spell "proffessional' professional. Talk about being professional.

Enough for this sophomoric chatter. While you do your R & D, I'm going to take a nap.

BTW, mine sells for $99. What's your price?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #13
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Dryrot,

Bottom line is we didnt copy yours,period!!!
You go on selling yours & I'll sell mine,by the way M&G has already placed an order.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #14

Not so fast Brazels. What's your price to the end user?