Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
Magnetic LED Toad Lights

If you're looking for some magnetic lights for your toad, Rural King has an LED set on sale for $16.99. The set includes 20 feet of wire with four pin connector and the mating connector and wire for the motorhome if you need it. These lights are identical to the incandescent ones Harbor Freight sells but use LED's instead of 1157 bulbs. Apparently are made by the same manufacturer.

The LED lights are very bright and the magnets are strong but as you all know, you need to be careful with magnetic lights to be sure they don't fall/blow off.

If you haven't been in to a Rural King, you should try it. It's sort of a Harbor Freight version of Tractor Supply. Rural King has 76 stores in a ten state area (Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Florida.

Around here, Rural King inhabits dead WalMart stores. Interesting business concept which seems to be working for them.

John McKinley
2007 Damon Daybreak 3060, Ford 16,000# Chassis,
Ford C-Max Hybrid Toad , Suzuki V Strom 1000cc
jmckinley is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2014, 11:00 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Their currently on sale for $14.99.

Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis with tag axle, Chassis build date 1/99 in Mexico, Banks System, Trans Command, Air Lift Air Bags on rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front and rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel. FMCA #F430129
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
I bought a set of these on sale and put a cigarette lighter plug on the tail light leads and can plug them into a receptacle in the rear of my Jeep Liberty. They only draw about 40 miliamp with the tail lights on. I will keep these as an emergency set of tail lights should my connections to the motor home fail. I've had the connection fail twice and it kept me from moving for several hours while I chased down the problem. With these magnetic lights I can at least keep moving until I get to my destination and then fix the problem.
Pete - Full Timing
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I use them. Never had a scratch on my finish. Often $9.98 at Harbor Freight.

Note: iRV2 plaque on my ladder.

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
The Harbor Freight ones aren't LEDs so draw more current.
John McKinley
2007 Damon Daybreak 3060, Ford 16,000# Chassis,
Ford C-Max Hybrid Toad , Suzuki V Strom 1000cc
jmckinley is online now   Reply With Quote

lights, toad