Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #1

We purchased a new 2006 Hurricane Motorhome and a Master Tow dolly in February 2006 from Tri Am in Ocala, Florida. We have not used the tow dolly since we bought it. On Wednesday, before we were supposed to leave for an extended trip on Monday, my husband noticed the tow dolly axels were loose. He emailed the company and they responded. On Thursday, he called them and they said to take it in and have it checked out. He made an appontment at Tri Am for Friday morning. They checked it out and found out Master Tow had installed the wrong hubs. Master Tow overnighted the correct hubs and Tri Am installed them on Monday. However, we were charged $178.92 for the labor. Tri Am stated they followed the warranty of the manufacturer and the manufacturer did not pay labor. We were able to leave on our trip by 4:00 on Monday. We appreciate Tri Am for doing our work in a timely manner so we were no delayed but a few hours from our original departure time. My husband spoke to a Master Tow representative on Tuesday and they told us our money would be refunded to us. If you have a Master Tow dolly you might want to see if your hubs are loose and have them checked out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #2

We purchased a new 2006 Hurricane Motorhome and a Master Tow dolly in February 2006 from Tri Am in Ocala, Florida. We have not used the tow dolly since we bought it. On Wednesday, before we were supposed to leave for an extended trip on Monday, my husband noticed the tow dolly axels were loose. He emailed the company and they responded. On Thursday, he called them and they said to take it in and have it checked out. He made an appontment at Tri Am for Friday morning. They checked it out and found out Master Tow had installed the wrong hubs. Master Tow overnighted the correct hubs and Tri Am installed them on Monday. However, we were charged $178.92 for the labor. Tri Am stated they followed the warranty of the manufacturer and the manufacturer did not pay labor. We were able to leave on our trip by 4:00 on Monday. We appreciate Tri Am for doing our work in a timely manner so we were no delayed but a few hours from our original departure time. My husband spoke to a Master Tow representative on Tuesday and they told us our money would be refunded to us. If you have a Master Tow dolly you might want to see if your hubs are loose and have them checked out.

Old 08-19-2006, 05:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hi "going my way" and welcome to IRV2.com

It's a good thing you noticed those loose hubs before you started out! Glad to hear everything is resolved OK too.

We are also from the Ocala area, living out in the National Forest east of Silver Springs. Won't be back there until late October, though. We are spening the summer in Moses Lake, WA.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote