Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2004, 05:09 PM   #1

Has anyone had a Mini-Cooper as a toad or know where to locate info about towing one four down? I've been to their web site but, no info there.
Thanks,
Harold
Snail Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2004, 05:09 PM   #2

Has anyone had a Mini-Cooper as a toad or know where to locate info about towing one four down? I've been to their web site but, no info there.
Thanks,
Harold
Snail Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:02 PM   #3

Try Mini Madness.com
campdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:04 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Instead of towing it behind the coach, you could probably put it inside under the dinette table.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 12:37 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Somewhere, I saw a picture of a mid-engine diesel motor home which featured a garage behind the axle. The only car that would/could fit in the garage was the Mini Cooper. The MH might have been a prototype, but it sure was neat!

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:55 PM   #6

There is a member here on the forum that tows his Mini Cooper behind his coach , BUT he uses a tow dolly for the front wheels.
Maybe he will see this thread and give you the info on whether or not it can be towed 4 down, but if I remember right, it cannot.

You could always put it on a "mini trailer".

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:56 PM   #7
cwg

The mid-engine coach you referred to is the 41foot, model no. MEDSO2 Travel Supreme. I have seen it for the past two years at the RVIA show in Louisville. It had the mini-cooper in the rear bay one year if I recall correctly. Of course none of this answers the question of whether it may be pulled all four wheels down, but I don't think it can be done without modifications;i.e. tranny pump, etc.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:47 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
What does the owner's manual say? That will give you the basis for any waranty claim for any problems you may have. The other source for your answer is MotorHome magazine. They publish a annual toeing guide(New one just came out.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:28 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
A friend of mine has a mini Cooper as a toad and uses a tow dolly for the front wheels. He loves it.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know that when I first started towing, I contacted Mini Cooper. They said that they do not allow towing four down under warrenty.

George
cvrvr is offline   Reply With Quote