Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #29

National RV Owners Club
She died again on the way from Mesquite, NV to SLC, UT. I made sure the Display was off and the key in acc, plus I put the auto lights in the off position. Towing time was 6 1/2 hours. Now that I'm home I will pull the Navigation fuse and let it sit overnight to see if that is what is draining the battery so quickly. The Owners manual says you don't have to pull the fuse unless you tow more then eight hours, maybe they need to rethink that.

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe
She died again on the way from Mesquite, NV to SLC, UT. I made sure the Display was off and the key in acc, plus I put the auto lights in the off position. Towing time was 6 1/2 hours. Now that I'm home I will pull the Navigation fuse and let it sit overnight to see if that is what is draining the battery so quickly. The Owners manual says you don't have to pull the fuse unless you tow more then eight hours, maybe they need to rethink that.
Kinda of tough...see my previous post, above. I just got back from Az..towed the CRV like 8 hours using my Toad Charger with no problems! Give this a look. Works for me.

Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Thanks Steve, I may end up doing that. Right now I want to figure out what is putting such a huge drain on the battery when towing. My previous Toad would go for several days without draining the battery by pulling the 3 fuses as pointed out in the owners manual, and that was without turning the key off.

Infact, the old Toad set in the garage from Nov 26 to Apr 6 and fired up with no jump. But then it doesn't have all the goodies like the CRV. Maybe I won't sell her.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
UPDATE My CRV Died

After having to jump my CRV again after only towing 6 hours I decided to pull the 7.5 amp fuse recommended if towing over 8 hours per the owners manual. I pulled the fuse and let the CRV sit for 19 hours in my garage with the trans in neutral and the key in acc just like I was towing it. After 19 hours my multimeter showed the battery at 12v and when I turned the key she fired right up. Honda did not give much thought to the location of this fuse. I could not pull it with their fuse puller, ended up using a long needle nose plier. To reinstall the fuse is a real feat. You can't see what you're doing because your hand blocks your view. The hassle of pulling and reinstalling the fuse is a reat PITA. Installation of a cut off switch would be the best way to go. BTW, the radio did not need to be reset with the fuse being removed.
Is there a fuse switch that would just plug in where the 7.5 amp fuse goes without having to access the back of the fuse block???
Old 04-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #33

Not that I've seen, but the fix isn't that difficult to fabricate. You can use a spade type wire end to plug in to each side of where the fuse legs plug in? That leaves you with the ability to wire in a remote switch (marked drive/tow?) and an inline fuse you can mount anywhere you like.