Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #1

My dream Toad

I see many comments about the cars fellow enthusiasts 'drag along' and it got me to wondering what would be someone's "DREAM TOAD". Would you opt for a new vehicle (my wife wants an autonomous electric car..... guess it would just follow us like a dog?) or some classic treasure. I'm a car fanatic, especially Cadillacs, and have one half of my dream team (have the XLR-V retractable hardtop but want a 59 convertible). XLR-V is fast (tricked out slightly to 500hp) but a 59 land yacht is just classic in my mind). Ah, living the dream!

Bring on your favorite. Winner can drive my XLR-V but you have to stop in Vegas to do it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #2

We have a 1969 MG Midget we are in the process of restoring and are thinking of trailering that. Or, we are also working on a 1949 Chevy pickup that might be a LITTLE more practical and easier to tow four down.

We'd LOVE to hear about others with "classic" experience.

Lindan n Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1ll View Post
Bring on your favorite.
I have a 1959 Austin Healey roadster that I have Flat towed in state and Trailer towed from Dallas to both coasts.

Tim

Old 05-26-2017, 04:21 PM   #4

The '69 Bronco I sold to a buddy of mine when we left LA 20+ years ago. He still has it, and I know he'd sell it back to me since we've talked about it a few times..... (but, for a lot more than I sold it to him for).

I "threaten" my wife, that one time when we go to LA, I'm going to get it back .
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:32 PM   #5

I'm pretty happy with what I have now-- A F150 . I put my Harley in the back, kayaks on the ladder rack and bicycles on mounts I built that go along the bed rail on each side. It works for me. I am "between" collectible cars at the moment, but would not consider flat towing a nice car due to the wear and tear behind the coach and the limits you have as far as taking "stuff" with you . A large enclosed trailer with the car and other toys would work for some, but it's just a hassle to me having to find a place to park the trailer. I did that for a couple of years, but no more
MrB1II, we plan to be in Vegas in September -- probably at Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort
Old 05-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
I'm pretty happy with what I have now-- A F150 . I put my Harley in the back, kayaks on the ladder rack and bicycles on mounts I built that go along the bed rail on each side. It works for me. I am "between" collectible cars at the moment, but would not consider flat towing a nice car due to the wear and tear behind the coach and the limits you have as far as taking "stuff" with you . A large enclosed trailer with the car and other toys would work for some, but it's just a hassle to me having to find a place to park the trailer. I did that for a couple of years, but no more

MrB1II, we plan to be in Vegas in September -- probably at Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort

Please call me when you can get together. 702-334-8648. Love to meet other RV types and compare notes.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:25 PM   #7

Maybe someday when I am bored I'll fab up a base plate for my 76. It would make the winter in AZ a little more fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	163174  
JaminSamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaminSamin View Post
Maybe someday when I am bored I'll fab up a base plate for my 76. It would make the winter in AZ a little more fun.
Awesome!
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1ll View Post
Please call me when you can get together. 702-334-8648. Love to meet other RV types and compare notes.
Will do !

Tags
toad