Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:51 PM   #43

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Many campsites or Resorts will tell you to park your dolly or trailer at the entrance parking area, that is a pain in the rear for one.

BTW, what do you drive and toad except your pets ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #44

Don't see a problem with a EzTow as it can be slid under the back of the Super C were looking at. No need to store it else where. That said it's something to consider.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:00 AM   #45

Some places do require the dolly to be stored off site. I have a hitch on my car for moving it if required, but generally the CG's that require it be stored also move it for you. Only issue I have run across is an early departure that is before they arrive at work. Last time that happened I went and got the dolly with my car and then did the hook up and was pulling out as the workers were arriving.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #46

During our very first trip with our tow dolly we experienced the issue of not being able to park our dolly at our campsite. I was not a happy camper because they wanted to take my brand new dolly (that I had just spent a total of $2000 to buy) to an off-site storage facility where they stated they would "drop it off". I explained to them that I could put in underneath the back of the MH but they would not let me and I didn't feel comfortable handing it off to them so we left that campground.

I can understand if there is a problem with space on the campsite but that wasn't the problem. This campground was a place where you purchased your site so I guess to keep up the esthetics of the campground they don't allow it.

Are there a lot of campgrounds that don't allow dolly's on your site? How often do you all run into this issue?
Old 06-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #47
Official iRV2 Sponsor

The Acme "EZE-TOW" Tow Dolly

On the Acme EZE TOW Tow Dolly the tongue weight of a properly loaded dolly will be around 5% of the front axle weight of the car you are towing. Always.
That is higher for other dollies closer to 10% because they position the car further forward of the axle then we do. Our towing position is one of the reasons it is impossible to damage your car with the dolly fender. A very common problem on several of the other dollies.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #48
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpusher View Post
During our very first trip with our tow dolly we experienced the issue of not being able to park our dolly at our campsite. I was not a happy camper because they wanted to take my brand new dolly (that I had just spent a total of $2000 to buy) to an off-site storage facility where they stated they would "drop it off"... This campground was a place where you purchased your site so I guess to keep up the esthetics of the campground they don't allow it.

Are there a lot of campgrounds that don't allow dolly's on your site? How often do you all run into this issue?

We have never found this requirement...but we also have stayed at a only a small number of RV "Resorts".

The last RV "Resort" (near Zion NP) that we stayed at was FANCY. But like everything, not perfect...like at 7:00am the morning of our first full day, the RV Detailer showed up and started going door to door offering on-site wash and wax.

Our dolly weighs only about 400lb, so we just slide it under the RV (front or rear) that is away from the street.

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolly, tow, tow dolly