Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
That brush looks pretty good. What I use is a long cotter pin with a very small strip of crocus cloth held between the legs. I put the cotter pin in my drill and spin away! Not as fast as your brush for on-the-spot repair but very easy for preventive maintenance. Sorry, I did not mean to hijack the thread! Flagelpater

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I believe the black box that powers my Toad from the Coach also acts like an isolator as well. The directional and brake inputs from the coach go into the black Box but the power going to the Toad comes directly from the coach battery Not putting an extra load on the Coach lighting wire system and not loading the toad battery at all. Perhaps someone else can confirm this? I only know what I was told.

An example can be found here: http://www.autoanything.com/towing/65A4159A0A0.aspx

Also the following link indicates dielectric grease may be used.

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(fc...ge=8167124.jpg

Flagelpater

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
I dont get it guys, i have a 2003 crv and i have pulled it for 5 years, 8 hours or more a day and i have never had a low battery, always starts right up. if mine did fail i would look for a new battery. and the other guy is right NEVER go from REVERSE to neutral, you will destroy your transmission, seen a guy camping beside of me do that.
Glenn&Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn&Audrey View Post
I dont get it guys, i have a 2003 crv and i have pulled it for 5 years, 8 hours or more a day and i have never had a low battery, always starts right up.
Your 2003 CR-V and the 2007-2009 CR-Vs are totally different vehicles. Your 2003's accessories are not controlled by relays, you don't have a factory installed navigation system, you don't have a computer controlled Maintenance Minder that determines when you need service, your engine, transmission, and dual clutch rear end are different. In other words, there is nothing in your 2003 CR-V that is in the later model CR-Vs.

So each owner needs to read their owners manual for the correct towing procedure.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Did you add an additional bulb socket for the new LED's?

What is a good source for better LED bulbs which would
fit a 2009 Honda CRV ?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Bitafun2,
A lot of what is happening depends on the condition of the battery, the CRV and the Brake Buddy. Consider charging the CRV battery as you drive down the road. Go to http://www.lslproducts.com/ . Toad Charge is the product to look at. I made this purchase and it works as advertised.

Is that company 'lslproducts.com' ?

That link does not seem to work for me.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
OK, found it.

It is .net not .com

TOAD-CHARGE Dinghy Vehicle Battery Charger/Maintainer