Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:00 PM   #1

Need Help with a 2015 Chevy Spark

So I just Bought a New 2015 Chevy Spark today to tow behind Thor (the RV) made sure to get a manual transmission and all that good stuff, but Now I need help finding the right tow bar, and Base Mounting kit for it. Every thing I've found on-line right now says it fits up to a 2014 Spark. And since Chevy made some body changes to the Spark this year I don't want to buy one of these plates just to find out it doesn't fit.

Any chance So one else here is towing a 2015 Spark that can help me out here, or point me in the right direction. That would be great.

Thanks,

~J~

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 07:19 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow I didn't know they made an electric car with a manual tranny! We have a Prius. They told us not to tow an electric or any hybrid because it could damage the electric motor, We have only rented tow dollies and will get another vehicle down the road that is made for towing..check with the dealer..

Old 05-27-2015, 07:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotseer View Post
Wow I didn't know they made an electric car with a manual tranny! We have a Prius. They told us not to tow an electric or any hybrid because it could damage the electric motor, We have only rented tow dollies and will get another vehicle down the road that is made for towing..check with the dealer..
The Chevy Spark isn't a electric car or Hybrid. It just has a really tiny engine. 1.2L to be exact.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:33 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
SPARK

Oh, my next door neighbor just bought all electric one and had one of those charging stations put in his garage, there must be two..The motorhome magazine tow car list shows the only towable model was man trans so there must be two models. you like yours?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #5

It's a major change from driving a Toyota Tundra to such a tiny car, but you can't beat the 40 miles to the gallon. But I've only driven it twice I leature just got it yesterday for the solo reason of towing it behind the RV when we go places.

Still no luck on finding a tow base for the 2015 model.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
call Roadmaster, then Blue Ox.. See what they say..
Old 05-28-2015, 08:52 AM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to wandering1
So what did the tow bar manufacturer tell you?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
J I towed a 2014 Spark and used the Roadmaster tow brackets EZ2 part # 523174-1 will fit the 2013 to the 2015 Spark, this is the round type brackets easy to install and remove. On the 2014 Spark I rigged up you have 4 lights on the rear the two top are the brake lights and the two bottom are the signal lights and if you have a 3 wire system for the toad (right brake signal, left brake signal, tail light) you can use the two bottom lights with diods But the toad wires are extreamly small and hard to work with but doable. If your RV is a 4 wire system you will need a 4 to 3 wire converter. The car is easy to tow and was a good tow car. Another tip is don't worry about cutting the grill as it is easy to remove and a new replacement is or was about $50.

2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevy, need help