Page 9-15 of the owner's manual says: "
1. Release the parking brake and put the
transmission in the
2. The ignition switch should be in the
ON” position while the vehicle is being
3. Take up slack in the towline slowly to prevent damage to the vehicle."
To the rest of your questions you will need:
1. tow bar (on coach)
2. base plate (on car)
3. light kit to connect car running and brake lights to coach
4. auxiliary braking system. This activates the car brakes when the coach brakes are activated.
5. emergency break away switch (usually sold with auxiliary brake system).
6. large bright yellow cloth or towel
There are many different brands of the above mentioned components. They all work. You need to find the one that works the way you think. Google the product and begin your research. I use a Blue OX tow bar and base plate ( Blue Ox Towing Products | Towbars, Baseplates, Accessories and more
). USGEAR auxiliary brake system and emergency break away switch (Unified Tow Brake
). Light kit came with the USGEAR product. The large brightly colored cloth is to tie to the top of the car steering wheel. A quick glance into the backup camera can tell you if the car steer wheels are straight.
To hook up and go, I have the mechanical set up with the tow bar. There is one umbilical from the coach to the car to power all the electrics, including charging the car battery.