Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Order M&G brake setup today...

so i pulled the trigger on the M&G setup for my 2007 Jeep Wangler Unlimited today.. should be here in a few days.

Anyone want to share tips and tricks, do's and don'ts for setting up the M&G with my Jeep?

I am using the aftermarket Mopar A-frame tow bar setup... behind an 04 Monaco Windsor diesel pusher..

Thanks all...

Craig

(a little less of this...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	22002  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #2

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Did you get the brakeaway system?
I have the M&G system on my 2008 Sahara. Last week on returning from a 250 mile trip I discovered the the brakeaway cable pulled yet the brake did not actuate (thankfully). I test the system regularly and when the pin is pulled the brakes locked up. BUT, I was nottesting it like I tow. Called M&G tech support for troubleshooting info and received a list. WHAT I DID NOT KNOW was that the brakeaway system requires battery power to operate and I had installed a battery disconnect to the negative terminal a few years back...so the brakeaway system has not been active.
I verified this by testing the hookup. Prior to the bat disconnect I had been pulling the fuse, which I tested, and the brakeaway has power. I will be rewiring the system so that I can use the disconnect.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ronnie,

WOW! Thanks for posting that info. I've had the system for about 6 years and I too did not know that. That's a very important safety tip for all M & G operators.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Nope, did not order breakaway kit. We'll see how it goes and I may end up hooking to jeep on board air system I already have for the front and rear lockers.
Thanks...
Old 06-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock342 View Post
so i pulled the trigger on the M&G setup for my 2007 Jeep Wangler Unlimited today.. should be here in a few days.

Anyone want to share tips and tricks, do's and don'ts for setting up the M&G with my Jeep?

I am using the aftermarket Mopar A-frame tow bar setup... behind an 04 Monaco Windsor diesel pusher..

Thanks all...

Craig

(a little less of this...)
Craig this may help it a picture of the installation on a Jeep
M & G Tow Brake Installation

I would like to see the installation instructions.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' View Post
Did you get the brakeaway system?
I have the M&G system on my 2008 Sahara. Last week on returning from a 250 mile trip I discovered the the brakeaway cable pulled yet the brake did not actuate (thankfully). I test the system regularly and when the pin is pulled the brakes locked up. BUT, I was nottesting it like I tow. Called M&G tech support for troubleshooting info and received a list. WHAT I DID NOT KNOW was that the brakeaway system requires battery power to operate and I had installed a battery disconnect to the negative terminal a few years back...so the brakeaway system has not been active.
I verified this by testing the hookup. Prior to the bat disconnect I had been pulling the fuse, which I tested, and the brakeaway has power. I will be rewiring the system so that I can use the disconnect.
Yep with no voltage the mac valve never opened to fill your little tank, I test my breakaway every now and then as the mac valve could fail not likely but could stick. I dont have the M& G but think its the top of the toad braking systems I have the Roadmaster Brakemaster and it a proportional system like M&G and I think up close to the top.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake