Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
Ordered Acme Tow Dolly

Originally Posted by EZE Tow View Post
Acme TDC here, We have a new generation strap you may find easier to use. It is adjustable in several ways, the anchor hook is very robust and changeable should it become damaged. Contact our office and speak to Adrian. She can assist you with this. Tell her Richard spoke with you, mention this thread....

A little bit of oil leakage on the front is normal is the spindle cavity is too full, there should never be and leakage on the rear seal. If you see inside seal leakage it is covered under warranty. This is all explained in the manual in detail.

Your photos and all your correspondence was forwarded to Dexter Marine Axle. All parties were Ccd in the correspondence. They are responsible for fulfilling all warranty claims as they provide us with the fully assembled components and have agreed to handle all warranty issues directly. If for any reason your warranty needs are not met simply contact us again and we will intervene with them on your behalf.

All dolly tires wear out very fast. Dollies do not have suspensions. We have customers that routinely get 5k to 20k miles on tires. The tires we use are actually very robust and expensive tires. Very high rubber content, 10 ply Bias ply tires. The only way to achieve the necessary load rating.

We have noticed that the tires age better when pressurized to 75 pounds instead of the factory recommended 90 PSI.

Good Day, Happy and Safe Motoring....

I went directly to the manufacturer and they sent me the parts very quickly and answered all my questions (I had quite a few). My original tires have about 8,500 miles on them now and the tread is about half gone. I also thought a small amount of weeping on the inner seal was considered normal to lubricate seal riding on the shaft (thought that was in the manual).

2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742 - Gas
ACME Eze Tow Dolly
2008 Chevy Malibu Toad
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

dolly, tow, tow dolly