Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
Please Help, Don't Know What This Is

I purchased a 2007 jeep wrangler for a toad. The jeep already has an Air Force One braking system installed and also has the Auxiliary Rear Tail Lights, so I don't need to use the Jeep lighting system. All good, but when I plug in the light cable from Motor Home to Jeep, I have no lights working. I called previous owner and he said all he ever did was just plug and go. Now here is the question, I was looking under the dash and found a small black box that had a toggle switch and a small push button. I have no idea what it's for, but maybe someone will recognize the picture and be able to help. I also called the previous owner about this, but he wasn't even aware it was there. He said the previous owner before him, may have added.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4198460679.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	50035   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1051396964.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	50036  

rambler5860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
???????.. Stand back, grab a fie extinguisher, and flip the switch and see what happens....

Terry & Brenda - From the Iowa Banks of the Mighty Mississippi
2011 Winnie Journey 34y, Freightliner / Cummins , 2012 Chevy Colorado Toad

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
could be there was some kind of door lock or security system in it . I bought a jeep Cherokee and one of my first trips was to the local grocery store. I came back out put the key in the door hopped in and the horn and lights started going off. Since I knew nothing about this system-- a call to my auto club towed the vehicle to the local installer of alarms and they took care of it in just a couple of minutes. So you might drive by one of these alarm installing places -- they can tell you in a minute what you have there.
94 Monaco Sig m11 elect fuel inj
95 Jeep toad
Loren Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
After market Auto start?
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
We'll finally figured out the lights, just ended up being a broken ground wire. Still not sure about switches, but maybe it is old remote starter
rambler5860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
Some tow vehicles require removal of the IGN fuse to protect the battery. Some folks add a switch that looks a bit like yours so they don't have to pull the fuse. Check and see if the wires on the switch go to the fuse box, and then to the IGN fuse.
Jim and Lynda, (Sophie, Jake, attack trained killer Shi-Tzus :-))

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have seen these before. Most dealers install a cheap alarm system in all vehicle on their lot, especially if they have had a few stolen, their insurance company requires it. If the buyer does not pay for it and a high markup when going through financing, they disable it and leave it in the car. It is cheaper to leave it than pull it out.

2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
2007 Chev Classic CC LB D/A - Toad
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited - Backup Toad
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote