Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #15

[QUOTE=WDW;2744088]So do you need all of the diode modifications with this RVI2 brake?

Are you talking about my turn signals?
Lambob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Diodes are used for the tail and brake lights operation from the motorhome and have nothing to do with the operation of the brake system. The RVI2 brake unit is self contained and only requires a constant 12v power supply.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
This adapter easy fix to charge your toad battery! Fuse a line at the battery, two pole plug to 12 volt plug at this adapter! ....Bully TC-182 12V Trailer Adapter At Amazon

I only have a 4 prong adaptor out of my MH. I would need to run a charge line to my MH batteries to get power to charge. I am going to try the fuse bypass switches first and see if they work. If they don't, I will bite the bullet and have a charge line installed. I am about to run out of money just getting this toad ready to tow!
Old 09-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
We have had the RVI2 brake system for a few years now. We have used it on a number of different vehicles. We have never had a separate battery charging line. Nor have we had the need for it. If your vehicle has a good battery in it and you start your toad every morning and every evening it is not likely that you will need the battery charging line. I realize that everyone's situation is different but I think you will probably be ok.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have a charge line either and have traveled as much as 4 days without starting the toad. The unit only draws power when it activates and depending on how you have it set you could go for many days of traveling without it ever activating it. I have the sensitivity set to high and I only see it activate on hard stops. Basically it just sits there all day sending signals to the remote without ever activating.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambob View Post
What should I pay for the RVibrake2? The online price is $1,050.00, but I have seen some earlier posts where it was less that $1K. Any help out there?
Something to keep in mind. I bought a used Brake Buddy about 6 years ago for 450. Served me well and it finally broke on my last trip. I was tempted to get the RVi brake until I Found out that Brake Buddy will give a good allowance for upgrading. So for 650 I traded for a brand new Vantage Select model. I think I would be happy with either system but I just could not pass up the deal.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:56 PM   #21

Thanks for the comments!

Tags
brake