Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
National RV Owners Club
Problem and solution for 7 way towing light socket

I originally posted this in the National RV Owners forum - moving it over here in hopes the information might help somebody else

Problem with towing light socket
I have a 2007 National Tropical LX - We had an Invisabrake installed in our Honda Cr-V for toad towing. When the installer checked everything when he finished everything worked - no trouble. Now, I seem to have a dead 7 way socket on the back of the coach. I hooked up the CR-V to my truck and everything worked so I am sure the issue is with the 7 way socket. I have read many responses that all seem to point to there being an auxiliary fuse box for the towing wire harness but I'll be dipped if I can find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tucson pappy View Public Profile Send a private message to tucson pappy Find More Posts by tucson pappy Add tucson pappy to Your Contacts Add tucson pappy to Your Ignore List
07-02-2015, 09:35 PM #2 stinespool

National RV Owners Club

Same problem here! I have lost lights one at a time. I thought there might be a fuse box but can't find it. I've gone back up the wire loom and tapped into wiring further up, and that has worked. I would like to fix it properly though.
Scott & Dawn 2007 National Tropical T330
stinespool View Public Profile Send a private message to stinespool Send email to stinespool Find More Posts by stinespool Add stinespool to Your Contacts Add stinespool to Your Ignore List View Blog

07-05-2015, 03:46 PM #3 tucson pappy

Found the fuse box
I found the fuse box that houses the fuses for the towing light socket! On my 2007 National Tropi-Cal LX T350, the fuse box is located on the curb side in the back baggage compartment - behind the metal screen in with the Xantrex Inverter. There are two small fuse boxes mounted on the back wall - the one with the number 2 on it housed the fuses. I found 3 blown fuses, left turn/stop, right turn/stop, and marker. After replacing them the towing light plug socket works fine. Hope this information helps somebody else!
Attached Thumbnails

tucson pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
Tucson Pappy,
Yep, there's lots of folks out there with similar motor homes that don't know they've got a separate set of fuses for that trailer plug. It took me a while to find them on our coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT. I finally found them, inside the rear, drivers side louvered panel, (the one for the dash A/C in our style coaches). When I did get to them, they were insanely hard to get to and service if needed.

So, I tore that entire area apart and re-located that fuse box so I'd have much better access to it, if and when needed. The first picture below shows what it looked like when I found it. The second one is how it looked when I got done with that arrangement.

2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

light, tow, towing