Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
ProHitch South Lake TX

Anybody had any dealings with ProHitch South Lake tx, I think I was just ripped off by them. I purchased (ordered) roadmaster base plate 11 oct 13, called to followup today, left my name number and message. No call back, worse part I paid with a debit card. How can I recover and get my money back, any ideas about debit cards?
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #2

They are on central time just in case you called too early/late?

And what company is it? I didn't find them on a search.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
They were listed as Road Master, but after talking to them they said Pro Hitch South Lake Tx, and that what was charged on my account.
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #4

They are just a dealer is what it sounds like. I would know the name of the company first.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #5

I did the same thing about two months ago. I ordered a base plate from them thinking I was ordering it from Roadmaster directly because they had a great looking web site. However, It's not until you read the small print do you see it's not Roadmaster. They hit my credit card first thing and I never heard from them after that and would not answer any emails. Finally I called Roadmaster directly and learned that Prohitch is just a dealer and everything is shipped directly from Roadmaster after Prohitch gives them an order. The nice lady at Roadmaster informed me that she had not received an order from Prohitch for my plate. They get tons of complaints about Prohitch, but for whatever reason, keeps doing business with them. She told me generally when a customers complains directly to them ( Roadmaster) they send Prohitch an inquiry and eventually receive an order from them. I had a fraud detective send them a letter inquiring about their business practices and finally my order was sent 2 days later. The lady at Roadmaster told me it was common for it to take several months to get an order from Prohitch ..... It took me a month to get my order. I will never do business with them again. .. Good luck

Randy W
Iwillbeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #6

Yeah I know all about this company. they are now known as prohitches or something or other. but they get a lot of bad reviews. problem is nobody is close to the source of roadmaster except one company and I know they buy and stock Roadmaster product and have great prices to. Not sure I can post it on here. don't want anyone thinking im spamming. But it is just where I bought my tow bar and tow car bracket. I paid a lot less than what most were charging and had the bracket in 4 days. I was very pleased.
gobyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I ordered base plates from them in July and every I called they said it would be shipped in a few days. In August I had to cancel my order. Then I had the same problem trying to get my refund I had to file a fraud complaint with my credit card before they refunded my credit card. I ordered the base plates from http://www.makariosrv.com/ they had my order on my porch in 1 day and cheaper !! I would not ever recommend doing businesses with prohitch !!!
Good Luck P
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
Anybody had any dealings with ProHitch South Lake tx, I think I was just ripped off by them. I purchased (ordered) roadmaster base plate 11 oct 13, called to followup today, left my name number and message. No call back, worse part I paid with a debit card. How can I recover and get my money back, any ideas about debit cards?
Hey Maxwell,

Did you ever get your baseplate from ProHitch ?

Randy
Iwillbeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #9

Ordered tow bar(ReadyBrute Elite) and base plate(Blue Ox) from Towbarsunlimited on 11/25 and received two tracking numbers within 36 hrs. Delivery on both items tracking for delivery on 12/2. Being delivered as promised.

What is sad is that Roadmaster continues to do business with a rip off company like ProHitch. Roadmaster makes a good product. Sad they don't have better ethics than to continue to support the ripoff company. Yes, they are continuing to support them by listing them as a dealer when they admit they know what kind of company ProHitch is. Due to their ethics I will always let someone know I do not recommend their products and why.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #10

I second towbars unlimited. My order arrived in less than two days
Tim&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #11

Received my order from towbarsunlimited today as promised.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote