Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2017, 06:00 PM   #1

Ready Brake for 2016 GMC Terrain

Hello Everybody,

Has anyone installed the cables for an NSA Ready Brake system in a 2016 GMC Terrain. I have the ready brake set up that I used in my Jeep and it worked well for us. We've just purchased the Terrain and I want to continue using the Ready Brake. It calls for drilling a hole directly behind the brake pedal arm to allow for the cable to pass through the firewall and connect to the brake pedal arm. In that spot on the firewall there is what appears to be a large rubber grommet type of weatherproofing that allows for the steering column to pass through the fire wall. If anyone has installed this system and has successfully found a way around this area to run the cable please reply with your advice and recommendations. Photos would also be helpful if possible. Tomorrow, I'm gonna call ready Brake and ask for their advice but if theres anyone out there who has had successful hands on with this, I'd like to hear from you as well. Thanks
Tillerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #2

My instructions state it is permissible to move the hole around a couple of inches.
In Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #3

You probably need 2 holes - 1 for brake cable and another for breakaway.
Watch out for wiring harnesses in that area. My Grand Cherokee has a double firewall configuration and they ran a big wiring harness in the space.
We switched from a Wrangler toad which was simple to wire. GC was a bear to install.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I feel your pain. I know it doesn't help you, but when I installed my US Gear Unified Brake System, I could not find a decent place to run the wires. I eventually had to make a hole in the floor, put in a rubber grommet and put the wires in a flexible tubing to keep them safe.

Good luck.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake