Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to albawsadv
Ready Brute Elite

After reading several posts and comments on tow bars and brake systems I am leaning toward the Ready Brute Elite system. I would like to hear some Pros and Cons of the system as well as any user experiences.
albawsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #2

I have Ready Brake and have been very pleased. I think it is the simplest and quickest to hook up, you only hook a quick connect cable which takes seconds.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #3

I've had my Ready Brute for 4 years now. Easy hookup, works great, little maintenance and very reliable. The battery on my TOAD thanks me very time I use it.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by albawsadv View Post
After reading several posts and comments on tow bars and brake systems I am leaning toward the Ready Brute Elite system. I would like to hear some Pros and Cons of the system as well as any user experiences.
I researched the heck out of what tow system to use. Decided the Elite made the most sense and purchased about a month ago. Installed on our Class C Winnie with Jeep Wrangler. Used a Blue Ox baseplate on the Jeep. Took a couple short test drives once setup and seems to work perfectly. My wife drove the RV and I sat in the Jeep and watched the brake lights on the RV and made sure the Jeep brake pedal was reacting correctly. We'll be heading out on a 4500 mile trip in three weeks so it will be a serious test. Plan on stopping pretty frequently at first just to "make sure".
Features that convinced me: * mechanical system, no electronics to fail * no "box" or such to install on the floor of the Jeep to tow * very affordable, I did the work myself on a garage floor and had less than $1500 in parts including wiring the Jeep rear lights etc. I'll also mention that I read a number of posts here and in other places with virtually 100% positive feedback on the system. Good luck in your decision!
Old 12-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #5

I have a Ready Brute Elite. Installed on a 2012 Chevy Captiva. Could not be happier with it. Here is a thread I used to set mine up. I have towed with mine about 30K miles with no problems. 2 different vehicles.
ReadyBrute braking problems--Follow-up
Lots of good info on setting up a Ready Brute bake system.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We like ours a lot too! Easy to install, easy to use, relatively inexpensive, what more needs to be said? I've can't remember reading a negative post by a ReadyBrute owner. Ronjhall helped me with a lot of good information. Be sure to read all of his posts on the ReadyBrute.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We have been using the ReadyBrute Elite since getting the MH in 2012. I love that package! Don't really understand why anyone would consider anything else! The cost is hundreds below any other towbar/braking package, rated at 8000 lbs it is simple, efficient, with very little chance of anything breaking!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #8

I think the ready brute is so easy to hook up and easy to use. I can be hooked and on the rode in 5 minutes or less.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwit View Post
I think the ready brute is so easy to hook up and easy to use. I can be hooked and on the rode in 5 minutes or less.

Yup, that's my average time to hooking up or unhooking, including the Protect-A-Tow mesh shield!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fifth year and no problems. Like the simplicity. Can't really think of any down side to the design and operation.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Same as above. I haven't had a problem and haven't heard of anyone having a problem with it.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
I agree, best & easiest system out there. I installed the baseplate & wiring on a Jeep Cherokee.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:29 AM   #13

I have it also and it works great no problems real easy to hook up and go. I haven't had any problems but have heard they have excellent customer service also some have got the tow bar looked at and any wear parts replaced at no charge? But really it's a great system don't understand why anyone would want any other
Poohbear7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just purchased a 2014 CRV and the ready brute elite for my MH. My question is... do you think I will have any problems with a CRV keeping a charge with this system? I was told to add a toad charger to my CRV to keep the battery fully charged but my question is with the surge breaking system is there going to be any demand on the CRV battery with this system as opposed to a supplemental add on breaking system. What do you think? Is it worth paying more to add a trickle charge system or should I be OK without it?

Dave
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote