Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
The light is peace of mind for us. The readybrute system and the blue ox base plate have worked great!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPro View Post
RGVTexan - I use "mouse ears", so the Honda's brake light should operate the boat light without further ado.
Looks like your goo to GO! Travel Safe.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #31

Im an instrumentation and controls engineer... I like feedback circuits to tell me what the machine is doing. Feedback from the surge unit and the brake pedal is the way to go. I use the two lights to calibrate the length of the cable so that I know when the surge device is active and when I want the toad brakes to activate. Remember, you cant control the surge device... but you can control when the brakes activates and how much you want applied by adjusting the cable. Im not fond of the 2" or 3" slack rule on the cable... it may put you in the right area... but every brake pedal travel is different on different vehicles. I notice... when I was tuning my setup, that on tight turns, the cable gets taught on the guide bars and activated the brake pedal light... no surge lights. So in reality, with the 2"-3" sag rule... the toad was braking going around street corners without any surge activating. IMHO, since my butt arent sensitive enough to detect the toad braking or not, Ill stick with the 2 lights telling me what is happening back there.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake