Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2016, 07:44 AM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Reading this thread it is clear there was some misunderstanding and it has been cleared up.. Alas this happens. I have a few stories like it with other companies.

Let me tell you of a different company: Workhorse
The Dealer promised (cross my heart and all that) they woudl send in all the registration forms for all the stuff in my new motor home including the chassis.... Guess what (they did not) so when a recall came out I did not get the letter with the part enclosed. Instead I read of the Recall on the forums, contacted Alan (National customer service manager for Workhorse at the time) and got an E-mail.. You can not attach parts to an e-mail.. So I went to my very local (4 miles) Authorized service center... I'm heading out in 2 weeks,"I'd like to get the oil changed, Lube job and do the recall" The service consultant said "no can do we can't get the part that fast".. now it's a standard CHEVY part, and they are a CHEVY dealer, they can get the part in less than 5 minutes as they already have it in stock, but I did not go that route.. I said "Schedule the work, I'll get the part" went home and called Alan (Local call after all, don't even need to use the 800#) He told me he had some in his desk drawer and where do you live.. I told him, Heck, that's on my way home (it was) (In fact I used to work in the city he lives in, he drove past my office on the way home). So 6:30 that evening he handed me the part, and another copy of his business card,, The part is small so I attached to the card....

2 weeks later I handed the card and part to the service consultant.. nobody said anything odd.. The job was done, properly.

A few months later I had another warranty issue (Brake light switch)
They found only 8 of the parts nation wide, had one FED-Exed over night.. Yup they jumped on that one.

Wonder if my account was flagged?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2016, 09:06 AM   #44
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer1 View Post
They were surprised to hear that it bent since I'm towing a wrangler. They have heard of it happening when towing a large dually pickup on occassion. The bending can occur if there is a sudden rise in the rear of the MH and then a rapid drop, such as going over a high speed bump. I was the first wrangler they heard of. I'll post a pic tomorrow.
since readybrake is a simple two-piece square tubing, this bent thing is probably caused by either too thin of the metal (can't imagine they didn't calculate the force?) or they didn't use the adequate steel material... have they changed the design to make it stronger? if not i would be very worried about. i might call them to find out if i want to go with that route.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote