Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2016, 07:38 PM   #1

ReadyBrute Elite Install in So. Cal.

I have decided to use the ReadyBrute Elite for my towing but I can't find a dealer that has had experience installing it. I have a 2011 Honda and know it is towable. It would be nice if the dealer/installer was near the Inland Empire. I understand it may be easy to install but, unfortunately, it is beyond my physical capabilities. Has anyone in the forum had the system installed in So. Cal.? Any help would be appreciated. I have written NSA but have had no response as to date.
Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2016, 11:28 AM   #2

Try their dealer locator:

Ready Brake and Ready Brute Dealer Locator - NSA RV Products
Old 05-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #3

I enjoy the ease of the ReadyBrake, but instillation was also beyond my comfort level. I had a friends shop in Las Vegas do the instillation (Valley Fleet Service). At an RV show I spoke with McBride RV service in Chino who said they were comfortable with the install. Always nice people at the Rallies but I never used their service. A bit far in the wrong direction. The instillation is really not difficult and any competent mechanic can instill quickly, the testy part is making that hole through the firewall...and twisting and bending to attach things.
Good luck, and Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:45 AM   #4

I have tried the dealer locator but so far, none have installed one or they haven't even heard of it. I use McBrides for my service, and they dos a good job. Didn't think about asking them since they weren't on the dealer list. I will call them tomorrow.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:24 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
I installed the Readybrute tow bar system on my 2011 CRV. 07-11 HONDA CR-V | Blue Ox Tow Bar Baseplates - By Blue Ox | HitchSource.com

Picked a Blue Ox front Tow Bar Baseplate. Liked the removable aluminum bullets. Really cleans up the front end when not towing. No welding but you will need a sawall and good titanium tipped drill bits for use on frame. It is a pita routing the brake cable and picking the one place you can drill through the firewall to reach the brake pedal.

If you select a Blue Ox Baseplate for use with a ReadyBrute you will need these: Clevis Connector Blue Ox

For connecting your RV to CRV brake/sign wiring I selected a no cut wiring, plug and play harness, Tow Daddy. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Tow-Daddy-p/92-0714.htm You will need to route the wiring from front of RV to inside trunk wheel well location.

It was not an easy job and took me two full weekends.

A full skill mechanic can do, but one experienced with these type of installations will take much less time.

Good Luck and let us how it went.
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install