Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #1

ReadyBrute in Motorhome magazine

Anyone know why the Ready Brute Elite and the Ready Brake are never talked about in Motorhome magazine? I just read their latest article on towing and once again they never even mention the Ready Brake. They even advertise in the magazine.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #2

LA Gulf Coast Campers
I don't have an answer but I am satisfied with my Ready Brute setup. I don't have experience with others but, just by visual observation, it seems they may be heavier than other brands. No big deal for me since I don't take it off of the RV very often.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is widely suspected in MANY publications (NOTE: These comments are Generic and not directed at any specific publication save one which is NOT part of this thread and I will not name but will partially describe) that Manufacturers pay to have their products reviewed in the Magazine.. and thus have a lot of input into the review.

Is this true of THIS publication... I do not know.

There is ONE publication (I mentioned above) that specifically claims they do not do this.. But I've read reviews of "Competing" products that were in fact identical products (I mean made in same factory 100% parts interchangability, Only difference is the paint job) and they panned the lower cost model while praising the higher cost one.

So what influenced their reviews if not the desire for PROFIT from the manufacturer.

And that's not even the product review that tried to kill me. (Same publication)
Old 10-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
It is widely suspected in MANY publications (NOTE: These comments are Generic and not directed at any specific publication save one which is NOT part of this thread and I will not name but will partially describe) that Manufacturers pay to have their products reviewed in the Magazine.. and thus have a lot of input into the review.

Is this true of THIS publication... I do not know.

There is ONE publication (I mentioned above) that specifically claims they do not do this.. But I've read reviews of "Competing" products that were in fact identical products (I mean made in same factory 100% parts interchangability, Only difference is the paint job) and they panned the lower cost model while praising the higher cost one.

So what influenced their reviews if not the desire for PROFIT from the manufacturer.

And that's not even the product review that tried to kill me. (Same publication)
Where's the partial description?

I know Motorhome is part of the Good Sam empire, but it would be nice if they would be a little more impartial.

It's sounds like a helluva tow system and is what I'm going to go with, just would like to see some exposure for them.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I can't remember the date of the issue, but I do remember reading a review of NSA's ReadyBrute products in Motorhome magazine quite a few years ago. I remember the review was favorable and impressed me. So much so that even though at the time we were trailering, I always thought if I ever bought a motorhome and towed with it I would look at the ReadyBrute when considering tow bars. That's exactly what I did a few years ago and ended up getting the ReadyBrute Elite tow bar. It does seem strange though that when discussing towing that Motorhome Magazine didn't include the ReadyBrute!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #6

I've had mine for about 5 years now with no problems. I suspect that they don't want to pay additional monies for a review. Can't say that I blame them. Word of mouth seems to work pretty well.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:42 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My decision sure wasn't based on who advertised in where. We wanted something easy to hook, and not having to fuss with a auxiliary braking system. Based on the design and price tag, Ready Brute Elite was our choice. Over 2 years later fulltiming, we are happy.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #8

I wondered that myself. I use Ready Brute and it works perfectly! Made in the USA too!!
Old 10-30-2015, 11:11 PM   #9

Camping World doesn't sell Ready Brake, so Marcus definitely isn't going to feature it in his magazine.
jmckinley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:22 AM   #10

Have you ever seen a bad review in Motor Home or Trailer Life? That should tell you something.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:14 AM   #11

I have the following set up and it works great with out the sophistication !

Why is it that some people want such a complicated system when they can go with a Blue-Ox base plate, a Ready Brute Elite tow bar/brake system and a Towmate wireless light bar. Just remember that those complicated/ sophisticated systems (or any System) are not going to malfunction when parked in your driveway. They will fail while on a trip. With that being said most will not be able to repair without professional help, and if they know you are traveling you will must likely pay dearly. A simple system is less likely to fail and if it does much easier to repair.
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:59 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Where's the partial description?
It was in there.. I described the articles and what the publication does (Rate products).
Old 10-31-2015, 07:14 AM   #13

I especially like the simplicity of the inertial braking system. Takes about a second to hook the brake up. Been full timing for over 5yrs. with a Ready Brute without any problems.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:04 AM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
If I had to guess I would say they probably only review products from manufacturers that advertise in their magazine!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome