Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #1

Just got through hooking up all the wires to my 2004 Colorado using diodes to protect both brake and taillights. After hooking up to my motorhome, the brake lights are very dim and flash slowly. Do the diodes create the resistance to cause this? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #2

Just got through hooking up all the wires to my 2004 Colorado using diodes to protect both brake and taillights. After hooking up to my motorhome, the brake lights are very dim and flash slowly. Do the diodes create the resistance to cause this? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:23 AM   #3

You might try adding a unit listed below to your Class A. I added one to my RV and it fixed all of the problems I was having with dim bulbs and intermittent flashing turn signals.

Modulite Lite Trailer Module or Modulite Heavy Duty Trailer Module

CAD-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:54 PM   #4

.....bad ground...geof kaye
Old 02-23-2005, 09:29 AM   #5

We have a module on our Jeep to tow our pop-up. It was installed with the Draw-tite hitch by the Jeep Dealership. Worked fine until last fall when we were to go to Va Beach. Hooked the pop-up like always but my lights were screwy (some worked, some didn't, all were really dim and I only had turn signals on one side). I chased down all the grounds, checked all light bulbs and connections and ended up towing the pop-up over to NC (200 miles, part of it down I-75) with no lights hooked up. Got it over to NC and David did all the same stuff I did at home before finally listening to me (told him I did all that same stuff). Our module was bad. Seems the ground was broken inside the module and another wire had broken off the connection. Somehow water had gotten inside the module. With a new module all the lights worked great and were real bright. So it's not always the ground. Also you may need the boost of power the modules provide (module has a hot line to the battery so it is a powered booster).
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote