Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
Remco Lube Pumps

Your experience on these pumps. I'm on my third one.

onufersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2016, 06:21 PM   #2
iRV2 No Limits Club
Friend had on in his Chrysler van, it quit working and the alarm didn't go off. Had to replace the transmission as well as the pump. As I remember Remco did send a new pump at no cost. He sold the van and got something else to tow.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
Outdoors RV Owners Club
If a mod can get this moved to the correct forum section, you'll likely get more people looking at it.
ORV 19B Full Timer, '14 Ram 2500 Diesel and a GSD. This signature updated, August 13, '16.
Currently working in Idaho Falls ID de K7NOL 146.52Mhz Safety? (CLICK ME!)
1bigmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had one on a 2007 Dodge Caravan and never had any problems with it.
2004 Damon Intruder 350F/
2014 Honda CR-V Toad
Frank, Tim, Scooter & Ozzy
gr8grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had 2 fail after about 2 years wiht light usage on my 2008 grand caravan.
Whey they work they work fine.
But I was tired of replacing the pump every 2 years and I wanted something for dirt roads and off road, so I replaced the van with jeep wrangler.
2012 Journey 36m
erstanfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
Have one on our Toyota Camry. Used it for one year and going on second this summer. I have a pressure switch on the return line part of the Remco kit and inside MH I have a box with a on and off switch with light for alarm and audio alarm. Did all you with problems with pump quitting had the same set up ?????
I was feeling pretty confident with this set up but some of you are making me having second thought on this.
Roger & Lynne
2006 Mandalay 40 F 2232 400 ISL Allison 3000
2007 Toyota Camry SE Toad 4 down
High Ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #7
I used one for 3 years towing a Chrysler Town and Country minivan. When the T&C was replaced with a Honda CRV I took the Remco pump out of the T&C and it is now in use as a diesel fuel pump so I can fill my tractor diesel tank by simply plugging it into the tractor power port and putting the filler hose into the tank. This Remco pump probably has 30,000miles on it with the T&C and several years as a diesel fuel pump.
Good Luck, Be Safe and Above All, Don't Forget To Have Fun
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, being pushed by a 2009 Honda CRV
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
High Ball,
I had the same setup with pressure switch, alarm on the dash etc. After about 18 months, I started getting random chirps from the alarm, particularly when cold. They became more persistent. Pump was running but alarm going off.

I contacted remco and they suggested a flow test. The pump failed that test. Remco's statement was the mount location was bad and the pump was overheating lowering the flow rate and pressure. This happened on 2 pumps. After the 2nd $300 pump, and hte desire to have an off road toad, I got a jeep wrangler and stop towing the Dodge Grand Caravan. So when I said failure, it was not catastrophic, but simple wearout and the pump could not provide enough volume/pressure.

2012 Journey 36m
erstanfo is offline   Reply With Quote