I am good to go. The new unit came and I was still having problems. I found after ohming out the the diode leads going into the diode against the aluminum case of the diode they were shorted to the aluminum case and causing it to heat up and short out to ground, The terminal spade connectors I had taped so I was positive I wasn't getting a short there but never thought to worry about the case. I had it stored in an area where the case was contacting metal and a path to the ground It looks like one of the spade connectors embedded in the epoxy is just touching the case, it was off center in the epoxy. When I checked it to troubleshoot up till now I had it out and it would start to work as it wasn't in contact with ground. Sometimes with electrical items it's the oddest things lol. I was almost at my wits end.
Going down the road must have jostled the diode into touching ground so it worked fine for a few minutes.
A good note the refurbished unit has a far better brake pedal attachment system, the old one used to take me five minutes to hook up as the notches never lined up properly and used to be hard to release also.
I am very pleased with the help from roadmaster , the diode problem is one of those things that can't be forseen. Probably an imported item. They did what they could do and I am pleased with their help. I am thankful I can do my own work, it would have cost a fortune in labor costs if it was done by a shop... if they were able to find the problem in the first place. I wrapped the diode with my good 3m tape and should be ok now.
2011 Allegro 32CA \ 2013 CRV toad
Previous:2007 Winnebago Class C
99' Winnebago Adventurer /Towables