Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Roadmaster Brakemaster ???

Hi All

This really isn't a ? about the Breakmaster but more about my MH and if these components could be Breakmaster related.
I have a 2002 National RV Dolphin that purchased in 2006 used from a dealer. We've been renting vehciles when we traveled, went without when we stayed close to home or drove a second vehcile. That is a bit of a hassel so I decided we will start towing something and have been reading up on what I will need and how to do it.
My MH is in the shop having some repair's done to it so I can't easily go and check these things out so I thought I'd put them to you guy's.
First off my MH has a air compressor installed (it has horn's mounted on thre roof which I thought to be air operated) it also has a guick disconnect at the rear and also a single wire bullet connector, I somewhat remember see something that could the proportioning valve that I even questioned myself, (What is that thing?) I also THINK there is a small light on the dash that I do not know what it's for.
What do You think I have? It would be nice if I had most of the Breakmaster setup and the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I do.

Thanks
legryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It sounds like the makings of a Brakemaster setup.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

That certainly sounds like the Brakemaster product - your description is identical to mine, except I don't have the compressor cause mine is a diesel with its own air system.

The "air horns" on a Dolphin are electric.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the replies. I spent some time on the internet looking at different Brakemaster kits that are available and saw a picture of the kit that contains the air compressor and that is the exact compressor I have in my MH. They also had a pic of the proportioning valve in color (blue) and I do remember see it under the MH, I just never really looked at it that close. Neeedless to say I'm pretty confident that is what I have, so all I will need is the car setup. Less cost is good.

Thanks Again
Larry G
legryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's a great set up. I've had it in two motorhomes and have over 8,000 miles on the toad from towing in a little over three years. I'd stick it on the next coach if there is one.