Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 AM   #1

Bought a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 so I need to remove the system from my 05 Honda Pilot and install in truck.
Is this a hard system to install for a DIY person. Looks simple, but I do not want to start and realize it's a very complicated system to install.
I will remove the system from my Pilot tomorrow, so I will have a better idea.
Any input?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #2

I did my own transfer from the old toad to the new one. Hardest part is picking up the brake light signal from the brake petal switch. There may be a relay up there you need, so be sure to take the old one out (if it was used).

Roadmaster has good technical support, both on the web, where you can print out installation diagrams, and call them if you need.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #3

IRemoving the Even Brake was very easy.
AOne wire to ground, another tapped into the brake switch wire and thethird into the fuse panel bow with a fuse.I did not find a relay.

Hooking up the new Dodge Ram should be as easy.
The white/tan wire from the brake switch is the one I need to splice int for brake activation.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #4

2005 Pontiac G6 brake wire

We're trying to hook up our Even Brake but can't find the brake wire to tap into. Thanks in advance for your help.
Jack

2005 Pace Arrow 37C
MICJAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #5

Look in the Roadmaster Technical help section and they will give you the wire color code coming out of the brake light switch.

On my Dogde , it was the white one.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I had Roadmaster install mine in Portland, OR by one of their techs.

It was just one thing I did not feel comfortable installing.

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #7

Roadmaster Even Brake-Pontiac G6
My neighbor (an EE) hooked up my Even Brake and we tested it on the G6 and it seemed to check out. Since we couldn't find the brake wire to tap into, Lon soldered into the brake light relay, added an in-line 10A fuse, hooked up the power cable to the engine compartment fuse box and hooked up the ground in the engine compartment. We finally got the drop hitch on the Pace Arrow, bought and installed the magnetic brake lights, installed the Roadmaster 5250 tow bars, the safety cables and tested the whole setup and IT WORKS! The monitor in the motorhome says its braking and shows a red light when it is. I didn't feel any difference when we were towing (our first time) or braking. Now we didn't have Micki sit in the dinghy during the test to see if things looked ok and the brake pedal actually got pushed by the Even Brake. We did notice the monitor showing dinghy battery voltage at 12.24 and later at 12.15 and since 12.65 is fully charged I'm a little concerned that having the key in the ACC position is letting the brake system wear down the battery charge. We're heading home to Newport, WA this week or next week and since it'll take almost a month to get there we'll have time to check out the battery and the Even Brake. Sorry for the long winded tale.
Jack

2005 Pace Arrow 37C
MICJAC is offline   Reply With Quote