I was the one with the problems and would classify them all as installation issues. Perhaps, if I did it everyday, I wouldn't be so nervous about misalignments, etc. To me, it was too important to simply gloss over such things without verification from the maker. It was in getting that verification that the customer service issues surfaced.
I only have a few hundred miles on towing with that baseplate but I've checked it several times and everything is as tight as was when I finished the job. I can tell you that I've had the toad through all sorts of conditions from sustained high speed towing to lots of bumps and turns, up and down and with no problems. Overall, I'm pleased with the way that things turned out. I accept responsibility for the job taking me nearly two months to complete but I just wasn't going to accept moving forward until I was secure. There is another thread about someone loosing their toad because of a MH hitch failure. I didn't want to be adding to such sagas with a toad baseplate failure. The consequences are just too potentially grave.
2000 Georgie Boy Landau 36' DP
2005 Saturn Vue toad