Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
RJG

Question Roadmaster Tow Bar install video

HELLO ALL, Just purchased a blackhawk all terrain 10k TB and had thought I read in a post that some folks had watched a vidio on the install of baseplates have searched around but can't find anything, does anyone know of such, and where I might view it, also the wiring kit does not use diodes and no splicing but a new plug socket to be added to the towd vehicle in the tail lights which sounded good considering electric is not my strong suit however, the system is 4 wire and I have 6 wire at moho I'm thinking this is going to be "special" hoping the directions are indepth!! and suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Ray..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Dont wory about the 4-6 wire for tailights it will work fine. You just need to know what on your 6-way powers what. I have never heard of a video, but we install roadmaster sytems often, in fact have two to do next wek, so if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
RJG

Thanks Lenny & Chrissy, I received the wiring kit today, still waiting for TB and baseplate I no doubt will have questions but wanted to wait until I received everything and had a chance to go threw it I'll be doing the install on a 02 Ranger XLT 4x4 manual, But Just one question for now " is it standard to have to drill through the frame to install baseplates ? and did you find when you first started installing that the instructions were adequate " oops thats two questions. Well thanks very much for your replys Ray.. Oh as far as the video, I think I was confused I belive it was a US Gear installation video, I have been thinking about that system.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJG View Post
Thanks Lenny & Chrissy, I received the wiring kit today, still waiting for TB and baseplate I no doubt will have questions but wanted to wait until I received everything and had a chance to go threw it I'll be doing the install on a 02 Ranger XLT 4x4 manual, But Just one question for now " is it standard to have to drill through the frame to install baseplates ? and did you find when you first started installing that the instructions were adequate " oops thats two questions. Well thanks very much for your replys Ray.. Oh as far as the video, I think I was confused I belive it was a US Gear installation video, I have been thinking about that system.
Is it standard to drill? Well, every installation is different. I have had only a few that were no drill. Most only require you to enlarge a hole, or there will be a dimple, where they will want you to drill to put a bolt through. Both Roadmaster and Blue--Ox directions are very good. I have had to use Roadmaster Tech support a few times, when things did not look the same as the instructions and they were great.

I have found many companies with the tow bars and baseplates shut manufacture operations over the winter, and now they are behind and very cautious, so generally there is a two week back order from what I have seen. I did wait over a 3 weeks for a JK Wrangler, with baseplates and battery disconnect system. So people have to remember this when ordering.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
RJG

Thanks Lenny, I feel better knowing the directions are very good and I didn't think about using tech support if needed, As it turns out the bar and baseplate should be here tomorrow, hopefully get to it this weekend. Thanks again Ray..