Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Roadmaster vs BlueOx & RViBrake 2

Have a 2015 Chevy Equinox LT and am looking at a Roadmaster vs BlueOx tower and baseplate w/RviBrake2 setup.

I see good points written about both.

I've had other BlueOx products on my previous truck/5er combo and they were well built and performed well...but this is my first forage into motorhome towing..

Want something that I can move from vehicle to vehicle easily (RViBrake 2) and support towing larger vehicles at some point in the future (4WD truck)...

Anyone have any bad experiences about either Roadmaster or BlueOx Aventa/RviBrake2?

IRVDoU is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You can see in my sig what I'm running, just set it up back in November. Did the baseplate install myself and setup the break-away for the RVibrake2. It all works as advertised. I had one leg of the tow bar "lock up" on me when trying to detach the car once, had to struggle a bit to loosen it but that was the only glitch thus far. Towed the car over 1200 miles on that trip.

'07 Newmar KSDP3916 w/Hydralift carrying '06 FLHX, '15 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Alpha, RVibrake2
With the birds...
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
I've had the RVI2 brake for a year now, towing an Acadia. It's easy to set up, easily transfers from vehicle to vehicle, is small and has a setting for sensitivity and how much braking force is applied. And the remote clearly indicates if and when brakes are applied. It's almost idiot proof. And lastly, customer support is excellent. I am an unconditional supporter. Great product.
Joel, Lynette and the pups, Czarina & Natasha
2011 Essex 4556
joelyn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #4
I have a Roadmaster Blackhawk all terrain 10K. Works well.
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
Tiffin Owners Club
Either baseplate is fine. I would tend to pick them based on their ease of installation.

The RVi2 brake is an excellent choice. We've had one since 2012 and it has worked great (updated to the RVi2 in 2013). Very simple to setup and install. If you want to use in more than one vehicle, get an additional break away kit and install it in the other vehicle. Just program for the new vehicle and away you go.
Roger & Mary
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Honda Fit toad
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote