Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #15

price is now 974. Ack.
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Steve, I wasn't referring to the product, At this point, I'm more concerned about the vendor being legit. Anytime I see something so far below in price from just about everyone else, I am a little Leary... I'm assuming besides everything else, it will come with the breakaway too. Thanks!
They have an F rating at the BBB, so I would be leary myself. R V Fun Products Business Review in Mill Creek, WA - Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington BBB
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #17

Called to clarify and can understand why they have an F rating with BBB.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #18
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
They apparently got the rating for a good reason. You can also order the same item from the parent company for few dollars more. With rare exception, a significantly lower price from the norm is reason to be leery.
Readybrake RV Tow Bars and RV Surge Braking Systems for Car Towing - NSA RV Products
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #19
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
Called to clarify and can understand why they have an F rating with BBB.

And that would be???????????????
Old 02-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
And that would be???????????????
The rude gentlemen I spoke to, in 30 seconds total, essentially said "well, I guess you cant have it then can you." And this was before he even knew who I was or what "it" was.

Chris
Old 02-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #21
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
The rude gentlemen I spoke to, in 30 seconds total, essentially said "well, I guess you cant have it then can you." And this was before he even knew who I was or what "it" was.

Chris
A business like that will be hard pressed to survive. I to was thinking of ordering from them, but not now. I'll go with the parent company.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Back in 2012 I bought mine from Tow Bars Unlimited, but I just Googled them and nothing comes up. Guess they must be out of business!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now you know why I am Leary. The thing is for every one dissatisfied customer that trashes a company all over the internet, there are usually many more with good experiences that you never hear from. I am hoping this is the case... But now you see why I posted this thread in the first place. I'll report back with my experience results. You may want to wait before you do anything. I'll be the guinea pig...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Now you know why I am Leary. The thing is for every one dissatisfied customer that trashes a company all over the internet, there are usually many more with good experiences that you never hear from. I am hoping this is the case... But now you see why I posted this thread in the first place. I'll report back with my experience results. You may want to wait before you do anything. I'll be the guinea pig...
Nothing to wait for, they upped their price. I bet if I went online and bought at the new price I would have the order completed. That said, for an extra ~50 or so bux you get a much more reputable set of sellers. The guy that answered the phone was a complete @$$ and had no desire to even LOOK INTO my cancelled order much less offer a remedy.

Fingers crossed you get yours and the warranty is honored if ever needed. I do appreciate you posting the deal and I "almost" got one for a great price. Best other price I can find is $1050.

Chris
Old 02-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #25

bought ours in March of 2013 for $900, I see they are going up in price... whatever happened to supply and demand as they seem to be getting popular.

I would also suggest their De-rattler to keep things tight back there.

RV Towing Accessories - NSA RV Products

Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Okay, looked at my bank statement this afternoon. The money was taken out and then put back in. I called them and was told the warehouse is out of product. I said keep the money until you can send it to me. The A$$ on the other end said "no, we don't do that" and then hung up on me. So, I guess I'm looking for one again. I will be making a complaint to the BBB and making a post in here so that if anyone googles their name it pulls up. What a scam.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know what they may be charging for the ReadyBrute Elite now, but I ordered ours from Adventure RV, I found them on the internet back in July of 2013 and was happy with the price and the prompt shipping!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:54 AM   #28

I was told there was/is a problem between the legit dealers and fleabay type sellers with the mfg. Back around Nov. the mfg. told the dealers they needed to sell for a certain price. Then also had a large price increase. If they didn't, they were not going to get any more product.

I had got mine from Tow Bars Unlimited also. Their web site is dead or gone now. He was a great guy to deal with and a knowledgeable RVer.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote