Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
RV Fun Products Ready Brute Elite $849!

I just purchased a Ready Brute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake, Clevis, in dash monitor and Safety cables for $849 (with shipping included from) RV Fun Products.

That's about $200 (or more) less than anywhere else I was able to find it (including EBay). I was told it will be drop shipped and I that should receive it in about a week.

I'll keep you all posted on whether this was a great deal or too good to be true...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Good deal Steve! You'll love it!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Joe! After researching it, looking at the install videos on YouTube, and reading the reviews of posters in here, I think it's the most DIY, user friendly, least complicated system out there. What was also cool is that the vehicle I will be towing, a Hummer H3, has the cheapest baseplate out there for $120. Just about every other base plate new is $399. The reason the Hummer is so cheap is that the base plate is 2 tabs that install in place of the factory's tow hooks. Total system cost is under $1k! I just sold the tow dolly for $1,200...
Old 02-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Outstanding price. I paid $900. for mine, cash and carry in Elkhart IN. You did good getting at your door for even less.

It is a no hassle, easy to install tow bar and brake system.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #5

OK, Kick ass!!! Just bought mine. Word of advise. When I attempted to pay via paypal they included sales tax, when I padi via amazon they did not. $848 is a SMOKIN price. Been shopping for this lately and $1050 was next closest!!!

Yay and thanks again!!!

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
I just purchased a Ready Brute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake, Clevis, in dash monitor and Safety cables for $849 (with shipping included from) RV Fun Products.

That's about $200 (or more) less than anywhere else I was able to find it (including EBay). I was told it will be drop shipped and I that should receive it in about a week.

I'll keep you all posted on whether this was a great deal or too good to be true...
Do you use a Blue Ox base plate, or Roadmaster? Also, did you have to pay extra for the adapters for whatever base plate you're using?

T_Van
T_Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #7

Looks like you choose your adaptor and it is included.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #8

StevieG
You have a PM,
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Van View Post
Do you use a Blue Ox base plate, or Roadmaster? Also, did you have to pay extra for the adapters for whatever base plate you're using?

T_Van
The dash monitor, clevis, and safety cables are all included. I didn't see if the cover was included, but I will disconnect the tow bar and store it when not in use anyway. I picked a Demco base plate because it makes use of the tow hook points on my H3. The only other expense at this point is the electric hook up. I tried to find a plug in harness, like they make for many vehicles, but could not find one for mine. I may get lazy and go for a wireless light bar. They retail for about $200 and are very easy to use and remove.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
OK, Kick ass!!! Just bought mine. Word of advise. When I attempted to pay via paypal they included sales tax, when I padi via amazon they did not. $848 is a SMOKIN price. Been shopping for this lately and $1050 was next closest!!!

Yay and thanks again!!!

Chris
Didn't pay sales tax as far as I know.... I will let you know once I get the unit and look at my bank statement. I saw the $1,050 price too and thought that $849 might be for the tow bar only (no brake), so I emailed them. They said it was for the whole thing. Like I said, I'll report back with thumbs up or a steer clear of these guys report...
Old 02-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll be surprised if you're disappointed. We purchased ours in July '13 with a similar deal from a different vendor and have been very happy with it. Ours didn't come with the cover but did come with everything else you mentioned and also with the ReadyStop breakaway emergency system. I've been thinking of just using a spare bag I have from some outdoor folding chairs for a cover for the tow bar. Like you so far we just remove it when not using the tow bar (it's easy to remove and install).
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I'll be surprised if you're disappointed. We purchased ours in July '13 with a similar deal from a different vendor and have been very happy with it. Ours didn't come with the cover but did come with everything else you mentioned and also with the ReadyStop breakaway emergency system. I've been thinking of just using a spare bag I have from some outdoor folding chairs for a cover for the tow bar. Like you so far we just remove it when not using the tow bar (it's easy to remove and install).
Steve, I wasn't referring to the product, At this point, I'm more concerned about the vendor being legit. Anytime I see something so far below in price from just about everyone else, I am a little Leary... I'm assuming besides everything else, it will come with the breakaway too. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was referring to the vendor also! I am positive you will like the tow bar, and I think the deal is legit! I bought ours from a different source but a very similar deal- actually a little less than your deal and free shipping! So I think your deal is for real, and that you'll be the happy owner of a new ReadyBrute Elite in less than a week!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #14

My order was just canceled via an email from amazon payments. Crap.

Chris